Grand Princess suite laundry service?

brianlojeck

Ok, I'm confused now. We are booked for a PH Suite on the Star for January 2015 and I received the following from my Princess Vacation Planner when I specifically asked that question since we are also Elite.

Also, I did ask about "express" laundry service. This service does have a

charge of 50% of what the normal laundry services would cost. No special deals

for Suite/Elite. However, if you ask your cabin steward, he should be able to get your laundryback sooner.

Being Elite is irrelevant.

By being in a full suite you are entitled to "same day free laundry service".

We only use same day if necessary but it is free in any case when a passenger of any captain's circle status occupies a full suite.

We haven't been charged a single time.

If you mentioned "Elite" in your question that may have confused them since in Elite benefits it specifically excludes "same day service" however it is not excluded in suite benefits.

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

Being Elite is irrelevant.

By being in a full suite you are entitled to "same day free laundry service".

We only use same day if necessary but it is free in any case when a passenger of any captain's circle status occupies a full suite.

We haven't been charged a single time.

If you mentioned "Elite" in your question that may have confused them since in Elite benefits it specifically excludes "same day service" however it is not excluded in suite benefits.

That was my point, we are staying in a Full Suite, but the Princess Vacation Planner is saying that we do NOT get free same day laundry service. BTW, I hate it when I get different answers each time I call Princess.

Edited by cflutist

Just ignore them, like you said you will get a different answer every time you call.

We were just on a B2B a few weeks ago on the Ruby and had no questions or charges on getting our laundry back the same evening. You do need to make sure that your steward has it before 9 am. If you leave it in the cabin it may not make it.

One wash of a nearly new, high quality T-shirt on the Emerald Princess. YMMV, but we are through using the ship's services for anything other than dry cleaning (and, even then, we had three broken and one missing buttons).

blogger-image--1035845317.jpg

Looks like a snow covered mountain near here. :eek:

We don't use it much anymore either.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I send everything to the ship's laundry, from "unmentionables" to linen pants and washable cashmere/cotton tops. Never had a problem other than an occasional broken button.

We use the Suite Laundry Service when ever we book a suite. We sort and separate items according to Laundry or Cleaning & Pressing and then leave the bags laying on the bed. :) Our room steward has always made it quite easy for us. ;)

So I just called Princess again.

The rep I talked to called their internal help desk.

She told me that the official policy for full suites is that it is NOT same day service, but that if I asked my room stewart, I COULD get it back the same day.

She did confirm that we will get TWO mini-bar setups, one for being Elite, and one for being in a full suite.

So I just called Princess again.

The rep I talked to called their internal help desk.

She told me that the official policy for full suites is that it is NOT same day service, but that if I asked my room stewart, I COULD get it back the same day.

I have never called Santa Clarita about laundry I am just relating real world experience of 18 cruises all of which were in a suite on Princess Cruises.

Now, if you keep asking they may change the policy.;)

Speaking of laundry, does the Ocean Princess offer laundry packages for sale for non-suite guests?

Laundry offers are not available on every cruise, so it's always a "wait and see" option. We are boarding the Ocean on May 7th for 30 days and I would bet there will be at least one offer. Not applicable to us, so I hardly ever pay attention to it. But this time, if it's offered, I will include the info in my Live.

Speaking of laundry, does the Ocean Princess offer laundry packages for sale for non-suite guests?

Princess does not offer any laundry packages.

On some voyages they may offer a special price some days for all the items you can fit into one of their paper bags.

Finally found something in writing:

Take advantage of our onboard laundry, press-only and professional cleaning service for a nominal fee. All laundry is returned within 48 hours, or on the same day with our express service.

Full suite passengers and Elite Captain’s Circle members also enjoy complimentary laundry and professional cleaning service, except for Presto service, which carries a charge.

For your convenience, Princess vessels have self-service launderettes where washers, dryers and laundry products are available for a negligible charge. Please note that irons/ironing boards are available in the self-service laundry rooms. Ironing and using personal clothes steamers are not permitted in any stateroom. Although rare, on certain itineraries environmental regulations relating to the consumption of water may impact the operating hours of the launderettes. These restrictions, when applicable will be posted in the Princess Patter.

• 6 months later...