Just off the Silhouette; brief review, more later!

turning46

Just finished a lovely, lively, relaxing and gorgeous 7-day western Caribbean trip. Lovely ship, gracious and hard-working staff, some crowding issues due to a large group on board, excellent entertainment, terrific food and plenty of limes!

I'll write more when I get home tomorrow, but overall: another fabulous X cruise!

On the same cruise as you, first time with Celebrity. Silhouette was a nice ship, but not to my liking (too formal looking). Unimpressed with the food in the main dining room-average, porch grill($5 charge)-lousy and the buffet-average at best. Tuscan Grill($35 charge) was good, but have had good/great meals on other ships. I guess my expectations were higher. Food on Royal Caribbean was better (IMO). Not a Celebrity hater, but have no desire to sail on the Silhouette again.

A plus was the Martini Bar and Molecular Bar. However, overpriced at $11 and $12 a drink.

Ships staff were great and prompt to address your needs.

Elite breakfast in the Tuscan Grill was great with Bloody Mary's, Bellini's, Mimosas. Evening cocktail hour was also a plus in the Sky Lounge.

Sorry, just disappointed in the over hyped food that Celebrity cruise critic members have been raving about.

Tom

Just finished a lovely, lively, relaxing and gorgeous 7-day western Caribbean trip. Lovely ship, gracious and hard-working staff, some crowding issues due to a large group on board, excellent entertainment, terrific food and plenty of limes!

I'll write more when I get home tomorrow, but overall: another fabulous X cruise!

Thanks for posting and glad you had a great cruise. The Silhouette is a very nice ship:)

On Silhouette's Trans Atlantic dpting FLL 4/20.... enjoyed your comments and will pay heed.

Will post announcement for Pinochle Players at Cruise Critic Mtg and bulletin board. Informal and not for money.

DanvilleDave at MSN.com

plenty of limes!

I'm glad you found limes because about half the time I couldn't. You must've been at different bars than me. They were very stingy with the limes. Not once did a bartender say to me, "Hold on, I'll look for a lime." It was often, "No limes, use lemon, it is the same."

Good cruise tho, Silhouette remains in beautiful condition and except for the pool bartenders and some Select Dining waiters, my interactions with crew were all 5-star.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the large group on board. That was definitely a con to my cruise (I was also on April 6 sailing). I was really disappointed in that and will go to great lengths to avoid that in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently our Silhouette cruise in September has a large group booked onboard also , although it seems impossible to find out anything about these pre-cruise and therefore difficult to avoid.:(

I spoke to tons of people from the large group and liked every one I met. They were very busy. I found crowding to be typical, maybe even a little light for a Solstice-class ship. I had no problem with this large group at all.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your view of the cruise. I always enjoy reading of others experiences. It can be very time consuming to write a review. We have enjoyed all of our Celebrity cruises.