My daughter and bf will be first time cruisers

celbercrz333

My daughter and her boyfriend want to take a cruise out of Miami. We cruised twice, but it's been 10 years since we did. They want to go to the Bahamas. So which line would you suggest? They are in their 30s and 40s.

I went on Carnival my first two cruises and loved it and the party-like atmosphere. My third cruise was with Princess and we loved it as well, but it seems a little older class of people were on this cruise(it could have been that it was a New England/Canada trip)! Loved the elegant and less fast paced experience with Princess and plan to use them again in the near future for Alaska. All of our other cruises have been with RCCL and I love their fleet, cruisetours, ports of call, etc. Will be trying a River Cruise this summer and I am sure I will love these ships or boats(whatever they are called on a river)as well. I just love cruising and the experiences! I don't favor one line over another and hope to try some of the other lines along the way. We always choose where we want to go first and then see which cruise line suits our needs. Your daughter will have a wonderful time, I am sure, with whatever cruise line she decides on!

Well they are taking a 3 night cruise so it has to be NCL, Carnival or RCI. As for why the Bahamas, believe it or not they had entered a contest and won a cruise of their choosing from Miami to the Bahamas. It can only be 3 nights and it has to be out of Miami.

Even though it's free they may not go. They both have to get a passport and she has to legally change her name since her divorce. If they can do all that, they may go.

If they were both born in the U.S., they can cruise with just birth certificates and government issued photo i.d. e.g. drivers' licenses. She's not required to change her name either.

If they were both born in the U.S., they can cruise with just birth certificates and government issued photo i.d. e.g. drivers' licenses. She's not required to change her name either.

My daughter was almost denied boarding on Liberty of the Seas in Miami because her drivers license did not match her birth certificate. It took us an additional 2 hours to get her cleared, and the fact I am her travel agent probably helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Well she did get her name legally changed back so she could renew her driver's license, so let's see what she decides to do. One problem is babysitting her 5 year old. I'd do it but I live in another state and watch my other granddaughter. They can't change the itinerary they have to leave from their home state.

Rccl would be my choice of the 3. They are the better cruise line of the 3. I prefer Princess, but you have no choice. Good luck and have a great cruise. ;)

Same here. RCCL would be my pick of the three and I've been on all mentioned several times. Yes, I too would rather do Princess ... but RCCL is a decent cruise which should be FUN for a 3 Day. :D

LuLu

• 2 months later...

Update. They still want to go on a cruise. Now it all depends on when they can get time off. Since they live in another state than where I am, I would need to go there and babysit my 5 yr old granddaughter, which is no real problem for a weekend. I guess which cruise they go on depends on which ones are available for the time they chose. Thanks everyone here for your words of wisdom. I'll keep you informed.

Update. They still want to go on a cruise. Now it all depends on when they can get time off. Since they live in another state than where I am, I would need to go there and babysit my 5 yr old granddaughter, which is no real problem for a weekend. I guess which cruise they go on depends on which ones are available for the time they chose. Thanks everyone here for your words of wisdom. I'll keep you informed.

This seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, just for a 3 day cruise. Free or not. :eek: