Payments not accurate?

MissBreezy

I know the website has been glitchy but I'm trying to avoid a phone call and subsequent hold time with Celebrity so stay with me here.

I went to look at my reservation today and on both the reservation page and payment page it shows the full amount due for our cruise, the total reservation payments made to date and the balance owing.

The amount due and balance owing are correct...however the reservation payment line says we've only paid $200 to date when in actuality we've paid about 75% of it off already.

I know this is me being nit-picky since the balance remaining is correct, i'm just worried that Celebrity will be Celebrity and I'll lose my reservation once final payment comes around since it says we've only paid $200.

What do you think, does this warrant a phone call? Should I wait and see what happens? Gracias!

Edited by MissBreezy

MissBreezy,

My payment page on the Celebrity website has been wrong since just after I booked my upcoming October cruise last year. The cabin charge amount changes all the time. The amount that currently shows is $100 over the actual amount due which is an improvement over what was posted previously.

I called multiple times when I first noticed the discrepancy. For the longest time the amount due showed $746 more than what I actually owed. The IT department finally fixed the page and the correct amount showed for a few days. Then we started up again with incorrect amounts due and changing day by day.

I have a print out from Celebrity that shows what I actually owe and the woman in the Resolution Department I spoke with assures me that it doesn't matter what the website shows, only what is in Celebrity's system (which is apparently different than what shows on the website).

I plan to make my final payment about a month ahead of when it is due to be sure there are no problems when I pay the balance due.

Really, Celebrity needs to fix their IT department and their website.

What I would do is send off one email to my Travel Agent, and she would take care of whatever needs taking care of.

Other people enjoy having control of their reservation. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

Another reason never to book directly with celebrity (or at least to transfer a booking made with celebrity to a TA within 60 days). You never want to have to deal with celebrity HQ unless you like sitting on the phone for 10's of minutes and then reaching someone who claims to have fixed your problem, but then nothing changes.

Yeah, this is our first cruise and since it's a family cruise we didn't pick the itinerary so we didn't even think to go through a TA until the 60 days had already passed. Sucks to be us in that sense.

I ended up calling X, the rep I talked to was so rude initially because I didn't have my reservation number handy. I was driving hands-free (expecting to be home by the time I got off hold) and offered to call back after she asked me how I expected her to help me without a reservation number. Surprise! It took her all of 15 seconds to look it up so I don't get the attitude.

She sent me a copy of our reservation statement showing the correct payments and tried to assure me that their website works and that I must have been mistaken. :confused:

Anyways. I'm satisfied with the general result I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

GRRR, to update this thread...

Went to make my final payment today (YIPPEE!!) and my cruise fare shot up $200 since the weekend! :mad:

I called Celebrity, hold time was wonderfully short...less than ten minutes. The customer service rep was delightful and fixed the error right away. She said it was a special fare that dropped off automatically for some reason but they fixed it.

Anyway, you might want to check your reservations just to be safe!

Just paid my balance in full today for July 5th cruise on Eclipse. Then went into update api so everything would be ready only to notice the exact same glitch as last year. Website changed my cruise price from last invoice to an extra £500 which website said we still owed despite having a payment confirmation mail saying paid in full.

Took 3 phone calls to get sorted... Each time I was told fixed and each time a new issue occurred... Although balance fixed after first call, our Names and address disappeared from booking after first call; then flights disappeared after 2nd call.

After 3rd call it was sorted as said I was staying on phone until I received an invoice that was correct. The guy said celebrity were aware of these bugs... But what are they doing about it? ... As I said same issues as last year.

Seems like something up either with the api or balance payment system.

At least it's sorted... Just counting down the days now

I know the website has been glitchy but I'm trying to avoid a phone call and subsequent hold time with Celebrity so stay with me here.

I went to look at my reservation today and on both the reservation page and payment page it shows the full amount due for our cruise, the total reservation payments made to date and the balance owing.

The amount due and balance owing are correct...however the reservation payment line says we've only paid $200 to date when in actuality we've paid about 75% of it off already.

I know this is me being nit-picky since the balance remaining is correct, i'm just worried that Celebrity will be Celebrity and I'll lose my reservation once final payment comes around since it says we've only paid $200.

What do you think, does this warrant a phone call? Should I wait and see what happens? Gracias!

Just make sure that you receive an updated guest invoice from Celebrity showing the correct amounts.

Whenever we make a payment, we immediately receive an updated invoice from Celebrity by email showing the amount of the payment and remaining balance due.

After final payment, that remaining balance due should be showing zero.

Edited by varoo

Gah. Ok, this is getting tiresome.

Went to make said final payment after the fare increase problem was sorted out, once the payment processed I was sent to a confirmation page and received a confirmation email stating that my balance due was $0. I log into my reservation and there's still a balance due like the payment never went through. I called Celebrity tonight (no hold at all, crazy talk) and they insist no payment went through despite my having a confirmation email that states $0 due. She told me to make sure to check my credit card statement but she's sure I still owe them money and the payment never went through.

So do they arbitrarily send out confirmation emails even if the payment hasn't cleared or am I being jerked around?

Man, this is frustrating. Final payment isn't until end of June but I'd really like to cross this off my list.

Edited by MissBreezy

Just paid my balance in full today for July 5th cruise on Eclipse. Then went into update api so everything would be ready only to notice the exact same glitch as last year. Website changed my cruise price from last invoice to an extra £500 which website said we still owed despite having a payment confirmation mail saying paid in full.

Took 3 phone calls to get sorted... Each time I was told fixed and each time a new issue occurred... Although balance fixed after first call, our Names and address disappeared from booking after first call; then flights disappeared after 2nd call.

After 3rd call it was sorted as said I was staying on phone until I received an invoice that was correct. The guy said celebrity were aware of these bugs... But what are they doing about it? ... As I said same issues as last year.

Seems like something up either with the api or balance payment system.

At least it's sorted... Just counting down the days now

The plot thickens... Got another invoice this morning... Apparently I'm a senior citizen now... At 38... Don't know what's up with their website. On the plus my xpress pass is ready now.

Edited by maximusas