Is there a "Chef's Table" on Celebrity?

Bisous3

Last few cruises have been on Princess. They've got this incredible "Chef's Table" that you've got to reserve the second you get on board because they'll only do it maybe twice on a 7 day cruise. It's $100, includes a galley tour, the most amazing 7 course meal you've ever had with wine pairings for each course, a group photo of the table and a lovely cookbook. I don't remember anything like this on Celebrity but I could have just been unaware... anyone know?

Yes, Celebrity do a Chef's Table and it was my understanding, in the past at least, that it was run on every sailing when there was sufficient demand. However, it is not advertised and you have to be proactive. Having said that, sufficient people are now in the know and on our last Transatlantic on Constellation, they held 4 separate Chef's Tables all with more people than the limit of 8 they used to impose.

According to posts on Cruise Critic, the Celebrity Chef's Table is not like that on Princess but, never have sailed Princess, I cannot say if this is true or not. The event is more expensive than on Princess. It costs about US$280 for two but includes the Excite the Senses cook book. Some people think that this is too expensive. Others, such as us, do not and have attended a number of the events considering them the best experience of their cruise.

The Chef's Table is only held in the galley on M-class ships. On S-class ships, the specialty dining galleys are a distance from the main galley and are too small to host the event. On S-class ships, it is held in the Wine Cellar - a small separate room off Muranos. When numbers of guest are not too high, the table is hosted by two officers - perhaps the F&B Manager and one other. The Executive Chef prepares/cooks some of the food in your presence and, sometimes, the Maitre d' of speciality restaurants also does some cooking [depending on the personality of the Maitre d'].

Thanks so much! I guess I should attempt to reserve as soon as I board? Looking forward to it.

Actually, you should find a Specialty Dining Desk close to where you check in before you board. In our experience, this is often next to the suite check-in area. Head straight to them as soon as you have checked-in.

We were on a Med cruise on the Equinox last fall, and we purchased the chefs table experience.($279 per couple)

Frankly, both my wife and I were disppointed in the food quality and menu imagination. We have eaten twice on Norwegian's chefs table....half the price and twice as enjoyable.

Your experience may differ....

We did this last October on Infinity, and we had an absolutely fabulous time.

The food and wine were amazing, and being in the galley certainly made the experience very special.

I don't think it would have been the same is we hadn't been 'in the thick of it' so to speak, as this certainly made the experience very different to normal dining.

Lou

Having done it on both the M class and S class, in my opinion, it is not worth the money on the S class.

The excitement of eating in the galley while cooks and waiters buzz around in "organized chaos" is what makes it worth the cost but that experience is only available on the M class ships. Almost the entire meal was prepared in front of us by the head chefs and assorted helpers. We were able to interact with them and look over their shoulders while the prepared the meal. The wine cellar on S class is very nice but to me, just another meal. The included galley tour and matched wines were not enough to justify the cost on the S ships.

My advice is to do it once on the M class ships for the experience and opt for the Connoisseur Dinner on the S class. Better value for the money.

We did a Chef's Table on an M Class Ship last year and it was not worth it. We could have had 3 dinners for two at the Specialty Restaurant for the price of the Chef's Table.

A good experience but really over priced. The appetizer was from the Specialty, the Filets were the same as they served in the Specialty and they would have made us the same dessert in the Specialty if we asked. The wine was included and there was a pre meeting in the Specialty Restaurant that included some excellent champagne, but limited to one small champagne glass.

It is a gimmick I believe to generate revenue and it sure did. They had a number of them on the sailing.

We will be on the Century in May, does anyone know if it is offered on that ship??

Hi, you need to ask. It is not necessarily offered on every single sailing

on every single ship. If there are not enough people who want to partake

then they will not set it up.

I will say it was quite special on Princess and the offerings were definitely not available at any other restaurant any other point during the cruise. Celebrity is a bit more expensive... wondering why. Even the wines served with the various courses were excellent- not cheap wines by any means.

Having done it on both the M class and S class, in my opinion, it is not worth the money on the S class.

The excitement of eating in the galley while cooks and waiters buzz around in "organized chaos" is what makes it worth the cost but that experience is only available on the M class ships. Almost the entire meal was prepared in front of us by the head chefs and assorted helpers. We were able to interact with them and look over their shoulders while the prepared the meal. The wine cellar on S class is very nice but to me, just another meal. The included galley tour and matched wines were not enough to justify the cost on the S ships.

My advice is to do it once on the M class ships for the experience and opt for the Connoisseur Dinner on the S class. Better value for the money.

What is the Connoisseur Dinner???

We were on a Med cruise on the Equinox last fall, and we purchased the chefs table experience.($279 per couple)

Frankly, both my wife and I were disppointed in the food quality and menu imagination. We have eaten twice on Norwegian's chefs table....half the price and twice as enjoyable.

Your experience may differ....

good to know. We love the specialty dining experiences on NCL. I think we may skip this at the price they are charging. Especially since we are non wine drinkers.

We will be on the Century in May, does anyone know if it is offered on that ship??

We did the Chef's Table on the Century a year ago and it was superb, truly a pinnacle experience. At the time this was our third Chef's Table on Celebrity. The first two were on the Connie and the third one on the Century.

The dinner was actually held in the galley and was great fun. Unfortunately we did another Chef's Table on the Eclipse this past January and the Chef's Table was pretty much a turkey. In a nutshell it was a major disappointment which I have written about in some other posts that I made.

I would try the one on the Century again. I hope that the Chef's Table isn't one of the many cutbacks that =X= has done over the last year or so.

:):):)