Comedy in Celebrity Central on Eclipse

Monty's Mum

Just wondering if anyone knows if the stand up Comedy shows that are in Celebrity Central on Equinox are planned for Eclipse this Summer?

I think it was a fantastic addition to the entertainment programme and would really add to the atmosphere on sailings from Southampton. Does anyone else agree?? Mmx

I have seen the comedy on the other solstice ships in the med- last year .A chap from the USA and one from England - both very funny.

They each did a show on separate nights and then one show with both of them absolutely packed on all nights.

I ole they have the same(similar) the eclipse this summer as I shall be on her twice out of Southampton!:)

I have seen the comedy on the other solstice ships in the med- last year .A chap from the USA and one from England - both very funny.

They each did a show on separate nights and then one show with both of them absolutely packed on all nights.

I ole they have the same(similar) the eclipse this summer as I shall be on her twice out of Southampton!:)

That's the experience I had whilst on Equinox it was packed!!! They did not provide it 2 years ago on Eclipse but I'm hoping things might have changed for this year?? It really does work and I'm hoping Celebrity will learn from their successful events? Mmx

I was n the Eclipse in Nov and just got off of the Mar cruise. Comedians were very limited. The only thing that was ever held in Celebrity Central that was comedy related were the Celebrity game shows.

It would be nice to have a late night show but I guess they need to spend the money in areas that gives the best value to all passengers.

🎧🎤

Was on Equinox this past Feb/March, Sin City Comedy has taken over the nighttime comedy shows in Celebrity Central. The same show was repeated (mostly the same material) multiple (I think 5 times in 10 nights). I ended up seeing the show 3 times! I could not get enough if it. There was the opening act, the headliner and a mini burlesque show between each act. The shows were all full, and by the last one, it was standing room only! Very good choice Celebrity! I hope they keep this too, though depending on the crowd I could see it being modified.

Edited by soccernut1984
Context addition

Was on Equinox this past Feb/March, Sin City Comedy has taken over the nighttime comedy shows in Celebrity Central. The same show was repeated (mostly the same material) multiple (I think 5 times in 10 nights). I ended up seeing the show 3 times! I could not get enough if it. There was the opening act, the headliner and a mini burlesque show between each act. The shows were all full, and by the last one, it was standing room only! Very good choice Celebrity! I hope they keep this too, though depending on the crowd I could see it being modified.

That sounds fantastic!! If only Celebrity would roll it out fleet wide? I personally prefer comedy to anything else offered onboard. Mmx

I've heard about them but have never seen one.

They sound like a great idea, though!!!

That's the show i had heard about.

It wasn't on the Solstice or the Eclipse.

I had really been looking forward to it as I love comedy shows so I checked the daily paper but they never had any comedy shows in the evening.

unfortunately, eclipse didn't have any of this this march.

they probably figured there's already perry grant and that should do :-(

saw some of the main stage shows which were actually surprisingly good :-) but nothing late night, the ship was dead past 2300 :-(

That sounds fantastic!! If only Celebrity would roll it out fleet wide? I personally prefer comedy to anything else offered onboard. Mmx

It does depend on the comedian though! I understand UK comedy, but not American Deep South. We were on Galaxy TA in 2005, when I couldn't even understand the accent, never mind the jokes.

However, I have since been on Eclipse in the Caribbean, when we had a number of comedians who were very good, but as Sue Denning was the CD, I suspect they were her choice.