Do you get massages on your Cruise and if so....

tandtmk04

Hello!

Just curious. Thinking about getting a massage on my next cruise which is in June. So, wondering..... for those of you that do get a massage on your cruise, which do you prefer and do you get one closer to the end of the cruise and if so, is the price cheaper?

My husband really wants to get one, I'm the type that thinks about how I can spend that money on other things besides a massage. Curious as to if its worth the price that they charge on the ship. :confused:

Thanks so much,

Jennifer

Hello!

Just curious. Thinking about getting a massage on my next cruise which is in June. So, wondering..... for those of you that do get a massage on your cruise, which do you prefer and do you get one closer to the end of the cruise and if so, is the price cheaper?

My husband really wants to get one, I'm the type that thinks about how I can spend that money on other things besides a massage. Curious as to if its worth the price that they charge on the ship. :confused:

Thanks so much,

Jennifer

I always get a Swedish massage -sometimes with hot stones. Look for daily specials -and there isn't much else I would rather spend money on.

The spa will do a big push, especially on embarkation day, to try to get you to sign up for various treatments. But they do offer specials on the services throughout the week, especially on port days. I usually sign up for something right away the first day, and I have had the experience where that particular massage or treatment goes on sale later in the week. It just depends on what you want. My husband doesn't believe in spending money on stuff like that, and I can get an hour massage for $60 at home. I know the spa treatments are overpriced on the cruise, but it's my little vacation luxury.

the prices will vary. Sometimes they offer specials on port days, sometimes on sea days sometimes none. supply and demand.

I have done a b2b cruise where the same specials were not offered on both. so i think if you see something you are interested in, at a price you are willing to pay, you should book it.

As for me, I have done a few of the massages. My dh loves them and the stronger the hands the better for him. I'm the opposite. I plan to try the bamboo next time.

As for which is the best time to do it, well, if you have a busy port day, then it's nice to come in and have a late night massage after a busy day in port....but that's me. I like to wind down and relax. Also, I like to do it at the end of my cruise.

Edited by Almost Packed

the prices will vary. Sometimes they offer specials on port days, sometimes on sea days sometimes none. supply and demand.

I have done a b2b cruise where the same specials were not offered on both. so i think if you see something you are interested in, at a price you are willing to pay, you should book it.

As for me, I have done a few of the massages. My dh loves them and the stronger the hands the better for him. I'm the opposite. I plan to try the bamboo next time.

As for which is the best time to do it, well, if you have a busy port day, then it's nice to come in and have a late night massage after a busy day in port....but that's me. I like to wind down and relax. Also, I like to do it at the end of my cruise.

I have had a few massages on the first sea day of a cruise. I also had massages "beach side" when in port. Costa Maya, Roatan, St Kitts and St Maarten come to mind. Massages on the beach were usually 1/4 or 1/5 of what the spa charges.

I booked a bamboo massage for our upcoming cruise. I justified it because I can't get anything like it at home. I would not book a Swedish or hot stone because I can get it for half the price at home. This will be my first massage on a cruise. I did get a pedicure last time (no time to do it before leaving home) and it was pretty awesome, except the "therapist" was trying to push products so she talked to me the whole time instead of letting me relax. I really hope that doesn't happen with the massage.

I love cruising, but I had the 2nd worst massage ever on a cruise (worst was a young guy giving a massage and... ew, just wasn't comfy). Not only was it a very weak massage (nice English girl, but just had no strength to get in and work the muscles), but it was the most expensive massage I've ever had ($120, if I remember correctly).

Massages really depend on who you get and what you expect. i like to be worked over like a slab of beef, but she might have been great if it was a gentle massage.

We got them on our last cruise for $100 each and they were nice but I got pitched at the end for buying their stuff killed my buzz. They were very nice massages. However I've gotten nearly equal massages on the beaches everywhere we've been for $25 per.

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

I had a massage on the Spirit and wasn't impressed at all. It was a massage/facial combo and the same person did both. Is that typical on a cruise ship?? :confused: I would think a masseuse would specialize in massages and an esthetician would specialize in skin car.

I've booked them on all my cruises. Usually they are great. This last time on the magic the girl did some odd movements on my upper arms between the elbows and the shoulders. Looked like I had been beaten she bruised me so badly. I have had the same hot stone massage all three times on the first full sea day. This was the first time I've ever been bruised. When I went to talk to them about the welts and the fact that the bruises were just like finger marks, Dr. Irina at the spa said that meant it was working as intended?!?! Took three weeks for the bruises to go away. Would I do it again? Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port days are usually the best times I found, Generally the messages are good, I've only had one bad one and that was due to upsell/product push at the end of message, Therapist got an attitude because I declined to buy any of the products she was pushing, sadly she lost her tip because of her attitude.

The massages on the ship are great but expensive. I would book on one of the port days when they have specials. I usually do something off the ship in the am, return for the massage and then lunch and relax on the ship before the masses return

...but nowadays, I can get an hour massage for $20 and up around here and I don't feel any high-pressured sales tactics to buy products I'll never use.

I did cave once (or I should say, DH splurged for me) a few years back...they had a massage chair set up near the Lido (I can't remember what ship it was...sorry) where they basically charged a nominal fee for about a 10-minute refresher.

While we're on the subject: I wish they had poolside foot massage therapists. I'd go broke. :D

I got a 1 hour massage last trip and it was very nice. It was on a day when they had a special price. They will try and sell you some associated products but it wasn't a hard sell by any means.

Ditto except it was cruise before last and I was just tight on the last one..I wish i had done it last time..not hard sale for me either..I explained a nice tip would be given and please to leave that out..and she was great..go when on sale..worth the r and r on the ship,,,adds a lot for me..sarah

We've done couples messages on two cruises normally on the night before we disembark. To tell you the truth the messages the aren't that great. Save your money and get one from your favorite massage therapist at home!

AZmike480