Navigator of the Seas

My family and I (DH, DS17, DD13) are headed out on the Navigator on July 6th. We are a family who loves to cruise. This is our 3rd cruise in 3 years out of Galveston and the previous were on the Magic. We loved them but wanted a change. I have read a lot about the new Navigator and we are so excited!

Would love any comments on the curfew. My boy is used to not really having a curfew on Carnival, so I was wondering how this will go on RC.

Also share your favorite places and things to do on the Navigator. We usually eat in the MDR, but might try a specially restaurant or 2. We can't wait,

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a 1 AM curfew for under 18, unless with parents. If you try a specialty restaurant, I suggest you avoid Chops. This ship is testing a new menu which costs more and offers less than on other ships. I imagine your kids will enjoy the climbing wall, flow-rider, miniture golf and arcade. They should at least sign up for the kids' club, Adventure Ocean. It is at no extra cost. No obligation to attend any events if they choose not to. You may enjoy the adults only Solarium pool area.

I doubt anyone would question a 17 out past curfew, unless he looked young for his age or he was causing trouble.

The city I grew up had a curfew, I knew a lot of people that got busted for it when they were out being stupid. But I was out all the time when I was 16 and 17 and never got questioned.

We are taking same cruise with 13 year old dd and 9 y/o ds. I'm an early riser and anticipating lots of trouble staying awake waiting for her teen fun activities to wrap up at night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by woodswoman

There is a 1 AM curfew for under 18, unless with parents. If you try a specialty restaurant, I suggest you avoid Chops. This ship is testing a new menu which costs more and offers less than on other ships. I imagine your kids will enjoy the climbing wall, flow-rider, miniture golf and arcade. They should at least sign up for the kids' club, Adventure Ocean. It is at no extra cost. No obligation to attend any events if they choose not to. You may enjoy the adults only Solarium pool area.

FYI: The Chops menu has changed twice now since the revitalization. Price is still $35 per person, but there are now two great choices of 12-ounce steaks and the baked potato is back.

If your kids are doing the flowrider, rock climb and skating I believe you have to sign the waiver. They will give out wristbands on some ships to show you are covered. The newer ships have waivers completed online I also believe a parent will need to be present for this stuff. Its a blast to watch - Have fun!!!

We dined at Chops on the Navigator last week. Dinner was excellent. As stated earlier, the 12 ounce steak options, baked potatoes, and sauce options are all back.

Paul

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I think Giovanni's Table would be a great choice for a specialty dinner since the apps and salads and pasta courses are served "Family Style" so you get to taste a bit of several things. The entrees are served "per person" and the osso buck and the filet were especially good. Then if you have room they bring around a dessert cart. The tiramisu is scooped out of a bowl so looks kind of "sloppy" but it's really good. Cannoli's, Zuppa Inglese.

I didn't try Sabor which is "modern Mexican" but it's not Tex Mex so if you go in w/ an open mind, I heard some rave reviews. Great fish, and interesting choices like duck tacos as well as more traditional fare. But if you are expecting Tex Mex like On the Border or something, you'll be disappointed. At first I thought $25pp was pricey for Mexican food, but I guess it's not only "modern" but also "upscale" Mexican. I'll try it on my next visit later this year.

And with kids, Johnny Rocket's is fun. Good burgers, onion rings etc. It's $4.95 (or maybe went up to $5.95) pp for all you care to eat. Good apple pie. Great milk shakes but they (along w/ fountain drinks) are an additional fee. The waiters stop occasionally to do a song and dance. Corny but fun.