Live from Getaway!

SissasMomE

Hello! Having a wonderful time aboard the beautiful Getaway! Love the ship, the crew,the food - it's just been a fantastic vacation. You couldn't ask for a friendlier crew! Everyone we have encountered so far has gone above and beyond.also, the quality of the food in the MDR is far superior than our cruise last year. I am glad we did not purchase the UDP. It would have been a complete waste of money. Everything has been cooked perfectly, huge portions, and excellent quality. Chateaubriand, rack of lamb, 10 ounce stip steaks - just a few things we have had so far in the MDR. I am amazed, really. This cruise has exceeded our expectations so far! Also, for those interested - fruit skewers, cold cloths, flavored water and lemonade are passed out on the main pool deck. Also, the main pool in front of the band / stage area is strictly adults only!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Sorry for the typos - I'm on my iPad, and the keys are small :rolleyes: full review when we get home!

Hello! Having a wonderful time aboard the beautiful Getaway! Love the ship, the crew,the food - it's just been a fantastic vacation. You couldn't ask for a friendlier crew! Everyone we have encountered so far has gone above and beyond.also, the quality of the food in the MDR is far superior than our cruise last year. I am glad we did not purchase the UDP. It would have been a complete waste of money. Everything has been cooked perfectly, huge portions, and excellent quality. Chateaubriand, rack of lamb, 10 ounce stip steaks - just a few things we have had so far in the MDR. I am amazed, really. This cruise has exceeded our expectations so far! Also, for those interested - fruit skewers, cold cloths, flavored water and lemonade are passed out on the main pool deck. Also, the main pool in front of the band / stage area is strictly adults only!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Sorry for the typos - I'm on my iPad, and the keys are small :rolleyes: full review when we get home!

Fantastic!

I know I raved about the food already, but I am still somewhat in shock. It is such a difference from last year's cruise. Anyone know if these new menus are being rolled out fleet wide? If so, I can easily see NCL pulling ahead of the other cruise lines in terms of satisfaction!

My parents are first time NCL cruisers, but experienced cruisers. They have said multiple times already they want to plan another NCL cruise! That is good. I was really nervous that this wouldn't be up to par for them, but they love it!!

We have Cagney's tonight. First specialty of the trip. We walked by le bistro and my parents thought it was adorable, and wanted to try it. There are 6 in our group. When I called for a reservation, they told me they were booked up for tomorrow night ... So ... Quick call to the concierge, and they got us in for the 7pm time slot that I wanted. Everyone has really been more than accommodating. I have quite a few hero cards to fill out!

I know I raved about the food already, but I am still somewhat in shock. It is such a difference from last year's cruise. Anyone know if these new menus are being rolled out fleet wide? If so, I can easily see NCL pulling ahead of the other cruise lines in terms of satisfaction!

My parents are first time NCL cruisers, but experienced cruisers. They have said multiple times already they want to plan another NCL cruise! That is good. I was really nervous that this wouldn't be up to par for them, but they love it!!

We have Cagney's tonight. First specialty of the trip. We walked by le bistro and my parents thought it was adorable, and wanted to try it. There are 6 in our group. When I called for a reservation, they told me they were booked up for tomorrow night ... So ... Quick call to the concierge, and they got us in for the 7pm time slot that I wanted. Everyone has really been more than accommodating. I have quite a few hero cards to fill out!

Your rave review is awesome to hear! I know it's still far away, but I am counting the days until my Getaway adventure (first time on NCL)! :)

Fins - I have no problem doing that. Please let me know if you want me to pick it up, and I will.

Thanks! I really appreciate you doing that. Drop me a line at cskarbek at Hotmail dot com when you get back and we can work out the details. Again enjoy the rest of your cruise!:D