Best Bartender Ever!

Bookbug53

I regret I do not recall her name. The woman was a citizen of St. Lucia and when Carnival Miracle stopped there on my cruise, she was so excited to be able to spend a few hours with her family. She worked at the Atrium Bar, made excellent drinks, friendly and chatty, particularly when she knew I had visited her home island previously and thought it was a favorite of mine.

On the Freedom, in 2010, there was a bartender from Thailand who worked in the Atrium bar. Im sorry now that I have forgotten his name, but he was the absolute best. I only went there for one (or sometimes two) pre dinner drinks, most evenings, yet he remembered my name, and my drink of choice. He would still ask though, G and T miss H?

Last evening of the cruise, I did go for my usual and handed him an envelope with an "extra gratuity", first time I have tipped over and above the 15pc that is automatically included on the bill. But he absolutely deserved it, just for his great service. And it is not about the strength of the drink. They always seemed just right, whichever ship, or bar I ordered them from. His personality was just tops.

Hope I see him again when I go on the Freedom in Nov.:)