Getaway main pool adult only?

kaylie44

I have seen a few post that have said the main pool is adult only. Is this just during spring break or is it all the time. We have 3 kids and are sailing on April 26th and was thinking there wouldn't be many kids on the ship. I guess I had visions of listening to the band and watching my kids swim in the pool. Isn't that why vibe and spice h2o are adults only? Just a little confused... we went on the Oasis without kids and we hung out at the main pool somedays with kids allowed in that pool and then would go to the solarium for a little more quiet other days.

I have seen a few post that have said the main pool is adult only. Is this just during spring break or is it all the time. We have 3 kids and are sailing on April 26th and was thinking there wouldn't be many kids on the ship. I guess I had visions of listening to the band and watching my kids swim in the pool. Isn't that why vibe and spice h2o are adults only? Just a little confused... we went on the Oasis without kids and we hung out at the main pool somedays with kids allowed in that pool and then would go to the solarium for a little more quiet other days.

Correct. No one under 18. This is the pool that is equivalent to the Breakaway pool where the child drowned.

Main pool is adult only. Kids pool is by the sponge bob splash area.

Just got off the Getaway last weekend (great ship!). The main pool is adults only and the crew did a wonderful job of gently letting people who did try and bring their children to the adult pool that there was another pool for kids. The pool is 6'8" deep. Most pools on cruise ships aren't as deep. My husband who is 6'1" can usually stand in the pool

That's absurd to have the main pool on a cruise ships be adults only. I mean it's the main pool in the middle of everything and it's for adults only. To me that means that those hot tubs will be over run with kids as they can't go in that pool.

That's absurd to have the main pool on a cruise ships be adults only. I mean it's the main pool in the middle of everything and it's for adults only. To me that means that those hot tubs will be over run with kids as they can't go in that pool.

The kids have their own pool. Why is this an issue?

We too want to be able to swim as a family and listen to the band... I'm confused. ..are there two pools in the main pool area one for adults and one for families? If not, it's seeming like there are more adults only areas than family. I don't want to always have to be in the splash kids zone.

Just got off the Getaway last weekend (great ship!). The main pool is adults only and the crew did a wonderful job of gently letting people who did try TO bring their children to the adult pool that there was another pool for kids. The pool is 6'8" deep. Most pools on cruise ships aren't as deep. My husband who is 6'1" can usually stand in the pool

Thank god!

I fail to see it as even a slight issue especially since the main kids pool is right there as well.

We too want to be able to swim as a family and listen to the band... I'm confused. ..are there two pools in the main pool area one for adults and one for families? If not, it's seeming like there are more adults only areas than family. I don't want to always have to be in the splash kids zone.

Can't have it both ways. Be with the kids or not! Wait you are saying you want to be with adults except for YOUR kids. Oh I see... No comment... :)

Can't have it both ways. Be with the kids or not! Wait you are saying you want to be with adults except for YOUR kids. Oh I see... No comment... :)

No, that's not what I said... no need to be rude. I don't always want to only be in ankle deep splash water since I am with my kid. I was asking if there are two pools (not splash areas) one for adults and one for families? We just want to be able to really swim sometimes.

Okay, so I've been on a lot of cruises, but I'm fairly new to these boards. Is it my imagination, or do people seem to lash out frequently here...can't we all play nice (or at least be respectful and polite to one another?)

I have kids too...my understanding is that there is a kids pool (separate from the main adults pool) near the splash area. So no - you are not limited to 6" of water if you want to stay with your kids - there is a full pool for kids as well.

I understand that some don't want to be around kids, but there's really no need to be rude about it...(Am I going to be raked over the coals for this post???)

Edited by pirateprincessinco

Okay, so I've been on a lot of cruises, but I'm fairly new to these boards. Is it my imagination, or do people seem to lash out frequently here...can't we all play nice (or at least be respectful and polite to one another?)

I have kids too...my understanding is that there is a kids pool (separate from the main adults pool) near the splash area. So no - you are not limited to 6" of water if you want to stay with your kids - there is a full pool for kids as well.

I understand that some don't want to be around kids, but there's really no need to be rude about it...(Am I going to be raked over the coals for this post???)

Thank you, that's all I was asking :)

Keep the kids by sponge bob. I don't want to deal with that in an adult pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then go to the vibe or h2o.

Also the kids pool isn't right there.... It's behind the bars and not by the bands or anything....

Why have a main pool when it's not the main pool. It's an issue because as someone else said it seams now there are more adults areas than family.

Adults have vibe, h20, and spa

Kids or family's get nothing specific and and the pool by the water slides is cut off from everything else

This is the first I've heard of the adult pool. We are going on the GA with 4 other adult couples and I'm actually looking forward to this kid free pool. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The BA has the one pool closest to the stage marked "Adults Only" and then there is the other one that is for kids behind that that has the glass walls around the two sides.

No, that's not what I said... no need to be rude. I don't always want to only be in ankle deep splash water since I am with my kid. I was asking if there are two pools (not splash areas) one for adults and one for families? We just want to be able to really swim sometimes.

That was already addressed before you made your "its not fair" post. Therefore you knew that before you posted. I was giving you the befit of the doubt that you had actually read all of the posts before complaining that the concept was unfair.

Then go to the vibe or h2o.

Also the kids pool isn't right there.... It's behind the bars and not by the bands or anything....

Why have a main pool when it's not the main pool. It's an issue because as someone else said it seams now there are more adults areas than family.

Adults have vibe, h20, and spa

Kids or family's get nothing specific and and the pool by the water slides is cut off from everything else

Two of those areas require a fee. The other doesn't even have a pool. Many people think it's a little unfair that they have to pay extra in order to enjoy an adult only area. Perhaps they should add a fee based family area.

I am a mother myself but I think your disapproval of there being an adult only pool smells a little like it's "all about me". If you would like to enjoy the adult pool and the entertainment that is there you are always free to sign your children into the free kids club.

Kids have plenty specific to them on the cruise..it just happens not to be in the location you want it.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

That was already addressed before you made your "its not fair" post. Therefore you knew that before you posted. I was giving you the befit of the doubt that you had actually read all of the posts before complaining that the concept was unfair.

It's not worth arguing, but I simply didn't know that the breakaway and the getaway are the same... and since I have not been on this class of ships I don't understand this reference. Also, I felt some people posting were calling the splash zone the "kids pool"... sorry if I misunderstood. Regardless, if there is an adults pool that's great for the adults... I just think there should be some balance. I only have 1 three year old, it's not like I'm a all about kids Mom who doesn't enjoy adult time too. I love princess's solarium. While I never said "it's not fair" I do think it's a strange choice if it is the only pool on the main pool deck.

I have two small kids. I haven't been on the BA or the GA yet, though I have booked both for this year. I know when I'm at the pool with my kids, I have no time to pay attention to bands, though it would be nice to be able to hear the music. (Can you hear the music from the kids pool area?)

I have absolutely NO problem with an adults only pool, believe me, I'm sure I'll be grateful for that when my kids are at splash, a quite break well deserved. My point was just that I think we can be a bit kinder and more respectful in our responses to one another.

As a mother to two young boys, I can TOTALLY appreciate couples wanting a vacation with an area not overrun by children. In the same respect, as a mother, I need some downtime and to enjoy myself a bit too, even if I'm with my kids - so it's nice to know what I'm getting into and if at least I'll be able to hear the bands play in the kids area.