Quantum in St. Thomas

rjrpar

Does anyone know where the QOTS will dock in St. Thomas. We just returned from a Celebrity cruise which docked at Crown Bay; didn't care for it at all. We will be in St. T next Feb.7th.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know where the QOTS will dock in St. Thomas. We just returned from a Celebrity cruise which docked at Crown Bay; didn't care for it at all. We will be in St. T next Feb.7th.

Thanks in advance

Just curious, what didn't you like about Crown Bay?

Bad shopping, farther from town. Seems like the development of CB into a nice touristy shopping, eating, and drinking area is not happening - just the opinion of our small group of 4.

Bad shopping, farther from town. Seems like the development of CB into a nice touristy shopping, eating, and drinking area is not happening - just the opinion of our small group of 4.

Have only docked where the Havensight shopping center is (Allure and Oasis)....how far away is Crown Bay?

Have only docked where the Havensight shopping center is (Allure and Oasis)....how far away is Crown Bay?

It took me about 40 minutes to walk to town from Crown Bay and I walk at a pretty good pace. I can get from Havensight to Town in about 20 minutes.

If you like to walk it is not a very nice route from Crown Bay to town. There is an awesome walkway from Havensight to town. Other than a few shops there is really nothing to do at Crown Bay except it is were the ferry to Water Island leaves from if you had any plans for going there.

I'm guessing 3 to 4 miles from Havensight to Crown Bay.

I would agree with about 4 miles, on the opposite side of town from Havensight. Also true about the walk not being very nice, we cabbed it for $4pp each way.

Seemed to us that RCI had an interest in Crown Bay; there were 2 ships in that day, the Celebrity Eclipse and the Allure. There were 4 or 5 at Havensight, none from RCI. Yes, town was very crowded.

Even though I did not post the question...I am very glad the OP did. I had NO idea about Crown Bay. If I ever return to St. Thomas, I will make sure I find out where the ship will be docked. Thanks everyone for the info.

I have docked at Havensight numerous times. Never cared for it, as shopping is something I never do. Also, having been into town once, I found that of no interest to me.

So, I would assume that wherever I dock, it makes little difference because we need to leave the dock area and go elsewhere - Magens Bay or other beaches, St. John, sailing, etc.

Generally only Oasis and Allure dock at Crown Bay as Havensight cannot accomodate those two ships. At all other times Crown Bay is used as an overflow dock if Havensight is full and Oasis/Allure are not there.

Sometimes the ships do not know until last minute where they will dock. It will depend on how many ships are there before yours arrives.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

Although Quantum is still under construction, based on it's dimensions it should be able to dock at Havensight. Quantum Class is only slightly bigger than a Freedom Class ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app