both have drink package - one person goes to bar

cruisegirl1

Both my husband and I will have a drink package. Can I take both sea pass cards to the bar and get a drink for each of us, or must we both be present to get the drink? Often, one of us will make the drink run, while the other person relaxes.

Thank you

M

Yes. And to add to what was said, you can also get a bottle of water per card in addition to your cocktail order. Saves time. It is important to hydrate.

On our last cruise there was always a problem with one server in the theater. He wouldn't give us a bottle of water with our drink becasue we had a package.

I asked the bar manager and he said technically he is right service wise, wrong.

He said a smart server would delay adding the bottle of water because technically it is serving two drinks at one time and would cause a flag. The manager said it only makes sense to give a bottle of water with a drink instead of making two trips and the only issue is that the server is not very customer friendly and doesn't want to take the extra time to add the other drink on a delay.

🍸🍻

We just got off Reflection. We both had drink package, I upgraded to Premium. Never had a problem with one of us getting drinks as long as you have both cards. Never had a problem getting a bottle of water at the same time.

We also had amazing waitstaff around the pool decks who will solve all your problems!:D Enjoy!

We both have had the Premium Alcoholic Beverage Packages on our last two cruises. The most recent cruise was on the Eclipse and the one before that on the Century. We never had a problem with either of us taking both cards to any of the bars and getting two drinks as well as a bottle of water at the same time. However, we are able to cruise only once a year in December. As time has gone on drink packages have now become the norm rather than the exception. It would not surprise me at all to see Celebrity put mechanisms in place to limit consumption and thereby holding their costs somewhat in check.

I will say this, we have almost always gotten excellent service no matter in which venue we were obtaining something to drink. We have noticed that there have been cutbacks in some of the bars which at times led to slower service but that isn't the fault of the personnel working there.

So everyone enjoy that drink package on the next cruise.

:):D:)

Yes. And to add to what was said, you can also get a bottle of water per card in addition to your cocktail order. Saves time. It is important to hydrate.

True, but be sure to watch your bill. Somehow charges for bottles of water crept into my folio for some reason. They were eventually removed, but every time it seemed like a huge puzzle and anomaly to the guest services rep. I found that odd, since every person in line at the time was complaining about the same thing, beverage package, charged for a beverage.

We just got off the infinity and never had a problem getting a bottle of water with our drinks. Especially @ the pool where you need water .

Best service ever and very friendly staff eveywhere on the ship.

What did occurr more than once was being charged for a drink & having to go to guest desk to have it removed. However, it was always removed promptly.

We always ordered drinks for the other by the pool. Not a problem, but like other posters we were being charged for our bottled water. We even had stickers added to the card showing premium drink package. This bothered my husband because it happened every day of the cruise? Every time we would call down, and it got fixed. But sounds like we are not the only ones with invalid charges showing up. Just can't understand why it kept happening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thankfully we've never had issues with extra drinks being added such as water, except once. I went to guest relations and they squared it away right away. We generally get to know the bartenders and by the second day - they know what we want and anticipate that and even know when we're ready or getting ready for another drink.