Funville forum Questions?????

SKAGGS1234

I read somewhere that you can sign into this forum and post details of your cruise while you are cruising. Can someone provide the link please? People at home can read what you post and then reply?

Thanks for any information!:)

The only "free" connection you are able to connect to on Carnival while on the ship is their own website. You can then use the currently onboard forums to post messages. Keep in mind that it's a public forum and everyone is able to read anything you post. The connection is also extremely slow. I gave up on posting to the site after two posts because it took forever for it to post.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We used our tablet last year and were able to get a free connection onboard anywhere . .. our room, on deck, etc. Easy way to stay in touch with those back at home for free.

So if I take my ipad next month I can connect to the Carnival website free of charge? I didn't realize that .... of course I just got an ipad .... but in November we took a kindle and we paid for the internet service but it was SO slow we couldn't even check email.....so this is good to know ..... so now how does this work....we just turn the ipad on and then it will connect to Carnival?

So if I take my ipad next month I can connect to the Carnival website free of charge? I didn't realize that .... of course I just got an ipad .... but in November we took a kindle and we paid for the internet service but it was SO slow we couldn't even check email.....so this is good to know ..... so now how does this work....we just turn the ipad on and then it will connect to Carnival?

Yes, when you turn it on the Carnival website will automatically come up for you to log into it. It will work anywhere on the ship including your room, however, like you said, the internet service is so slow that even though it's free, even checking the Carnival website takes forever. You won't be able to check your email using the free site, just what's on Carnival's pages.

I have a Kindle Fire HDX. I am still a little confused. Does it sync with the carnival website automatically when you go to your browser?

I would really appreciate information on this!!:)

Yes. When you open your browser the Carnival website will pop up automatically. If you don't have the paid internet plan through Carnival, their site will be the only one you will be able to access. You will be able to access everything on Carnival's website including the forums. You will be able to post to the forums but it is very slow and quite frustrating.

Just off the 11 day Sunshine cruise and posted to our thread almost everyday from our cabin or balcony on my kindle. The internet was slow but seemed much faster in the am. I am an early riser and had my coffee and posted or read what family had posted. Also was faster when we were in port and everyone was out and about. Peak times in the evening, I would just give up on it!! It was great.

I just turned my wireless on and connected to carnival Wi-Fi. You can also look at the funhub stuff and check cruises, if you are shopping for one. Enjoy!