How to use miles on United for China flight

Pearl64

You misunderstand, Grasshopper. The lounges (food, booze, showers) are complementary to people flying in business or first class. http://boardingarea.com/frequentlyflying/2013/02/18/lounge-review-united-airlines-global-first-at-tokyo-narita-airport/

The shower line gets long fast, so if you want a shower in the lounge be sure to head directly there and check in with the shower attendant. You don't actually wait in line as you will be called when a shower room is ready and clean. They provide towels and basic amenities. It is heavenly to pop in for a quick shower after the long ORD-NRT flight.

the other thing you have to check out is the beer machine in the lounge!

The shower line gets long fast, so if you want a shower in the lounge be sure to head directly there and check in with the shower attendant. You don't actually wait in line as you will be called when a shower room is ready and clean. They provide towels and basic amenities. It is heavenly to pop in for a quick shower after the long ORD-NRT flight.

The OP is flying ORD-PVG on the outbound leg; the routing on the return is PEK-xNRT-ORD (-PIT), so the shower would only be after the short PEK-NRT flight. Still nice, however.

The OP is flying ORD-PVG on the outbound leg; the routing on the return is PEK-xNRT-ORD (-PIT), so the shower would only be after the short PEK-NRT flight. Still nice, however.

Heck yeah. Several times each year I fly MCI-DFW-LAX-MEL, and I take a shower at LAX during my layover there. Even after just a few hours (MCI-DFW-LAX) of flying, the shower feels amazing before climbing on to the 16 hour LAX-MEL flight.

Even if you don't have a beer (and the Japanese beers are nice and refreshing), watch it in action. I've told Mrs FT that's #1 on my "present list", to be installed right next to my chair in front of the TV.

Even if you don't have a beer (and the Japanese beers are nice and refreshing), watch it in action. I've told Mrs FT that's #1 on my "present list", to be installed right next to my chair in front of the TV.

On my last layover at NRT I had a very short time (airport was closed as my inbound came in for landing (lightning hit the runway) so my decent layover became a very short layover), but I made sure to stop by the AA Admirals Club to use the beer machine. Chugged it and left. Always fun to use on a layover.