FIREWORKS on getaway.?

kimala

Does anyone know where besides Spice H2o on the GETAWAY that one can stand to watch the fireworks? I'm worried the area might be too crowded and I don't want to miss them. I'm thinking there is probably a balcony deck above the spice H2o, but not sure.

I was on the Getaway last week and had a balcony port side on Deck 14........it was a great place to watch the fireworks......almost felt that you could touch them! In the daily, they listed the best places to view them and I remember one being the main pool deck. If you happen to be in Vibe that would also be a great view. One of the Disney ships was a short distance behind the Getaway and started their fireworks first..........then Getaway shot theirs.........with this being my first time to see fireworks at sea, I really enjoyed seeing them out in the middle of the ocean.

Have a great cruise...........Getaway is a really great ship! Wish I was there now:D

I really appreciate it. I'm just so excited about the trip. Have done a lot of research...but crazy questions keep coming into my head, even though I could probably wait to get on board to find out...it seems to smooth out the anssy anticipation I have at being just two weeks away from the trip!!!

Does anyone know where besides Spice H2o on the GETAWAY that one can stand to watch the fireworks? I'm worried the area might be too crowded and I don't want to miss them. I'm thinking there is probably a balcony deck above the spice H2o, but not sure.

The fireworks go off on the port (left) side of the Getaway. Anywhere port side on 16, 17 (forward as aft is closed off for the fireworks), or 18 (if it's open) will be fine. Also the waterfront, port side.

We have a room on the port side (in the middle of the ship), will we be able to see them from our balcony? Or will you not get the full effect because you are not on the top deck to see everything?

It was mentioned that the aft will be closed off, is this where they let them off at?

The fireworks are launched from deck 17 portside directly above Spice H2O. The port-half of Spice H2O and the Sports Complex on deck 17-18 are closed for fire-spotters to ensure that any embers blown back onto the ship do not start fires. In addition to Spice H2O, deck 16 portside near the pool and the forward sun deck on deck 18 are the best places to see the fireworks. A midship portside balcony ought to offer a nice view as well. This is what the show looks like from the forward sun deck on deck 18.

DSC_0261_zpsaeb31046.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info here, I have a toddler and it would be easier to watch the fireworks from our room than on deck partying with everyone else. I booked the getaway a year in advance and got starboard balcony 13890 one of the cabins with the angled balcony thinking myself pretty smart but now knowing the fireworks are port side we are thinking of switching cabins.

So I currently have a choice of cabins 13888, 13872 and 13874. I know this is super micromanagement but if anyone has opinion/advice on which cabin would be preferable over another that would be great.

We have a room on the port side (in the middle of the ship), will we be able to see them from our balcony? Or will you not get the full effect because you are not on the top deck to see everything?

We were on Breakaway, port side deck 12 just forward of the forward elevators. We had a great view of the fireworks. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the info here, I have a toddler and it would be easier to watch the fireworks from our room than on deck partying with everyone else. I booked the getaway a year in advance and got starboard balcony 13890 one of the cabins with the angled balcony thinking myself pretty smart but now knowing the fireworks are port side we are thinking of switching cabins.

So I currently have a choice of cabins 13888, 13872 and 13874. I know this is super micromanagement but if anyone has opinion/advice on which cabin would be preferable over another that would be great.

Anyone of those three is still gonna put you on starboard side. You need cabins starting with 131** or 132** to be port side. Remember, port and starboard are determined from the back of the ship looking forward.

Edited by tarps14

I would just get to Spice H2O early if you enjoy the music with it. I don't believe they simulcast the music from there to other parts of the ship.

Edited by kylenyc

Anyone of those three is still gonna put you on starboard side. You need cabins starting with 131** or 132** to be port side. Remember, port and starboard are determined from the back of the ship looking forward.

LOL I am such an idiot! I was meaning to type in 13288,13272,13274, Not 13888 etc... Yes I do know what port and starboard is after 5 cruises, but can't type. Thanks! We rebooked already and chose 13288. Hopefully a good view of the 4 minute firework!

I would just get to Spice H2O early if you enjoy the music with it. I don't believe they simulcast the music from there to other parts of the ship.

It's also played throughout the main pool deck. If you're anywhere out on the upper decks, you're going to hear all of that 80's goodness.

We rebooked already and chose 13288. Hopefully a good view of the 4 minute firework!

13288 puts you directly below where the fireworks will be shot off. You should have an absolutely fantastic view! :D

It's also played throughout the main pool deck. If you're anywhere out on the upper decks, you're going to hear all of that 80's goodness.

13288 puts you directly below where the fireworks will be shot off. You should have an absolutely fantastic view! :D

Cool. I was out on the Waterfront by Maltings/Sunset and didn't hear the music. Great picture. It would be awesome to both hear the music and see the fireworks from that vantage point.

Edited by kylenyc

We watched from the Sun Deck, deck 17 aft, and it was perfect view, plus they simulcast the music from Spice2O.

Your instincts are right - Spice2O WILL be too crowded. All the chairs were taken 2 hours before on our cruise. Find another spot, and you'll be a lot happier :)