Redeeming Princess credit card points ?

petlover

There is usually a 2,500 or 5,000 point maximum per promotion with them giving 5X the normal points.

Interestingly, some people get better point offers than others.

I remember one promotion where I was offered 2x the points. Others had posted being offered 3x the points.

I do not know what makes the difference.

I got 500$ off a cruise, redeemed and credit on credit card bill was a few days later.

Was not sure I was gonna make it to 40,000$, but I charge everything! and pay off the bill in full every month.

Last year, at sailaway from Venice, we also redeemed for the free ultimate balcony breakfast...was perfect time to use it!

Bernadette

Interestingly, some people get better point offers than others.

I remember one promotion where I was offered 2x the points. Others had posted being offered 3x the points.

I do not know what makes the difference.

It could be spending habits.I switch between the Barclay(Princess) card and a Citibank( American Airlines) card depending on deals and point levels I am trying to reach.It may be coincidence but I seem to get offers from either of them after I have had a spending lull. I am on a Citibank promo right now.I average about $75,000 on the cards each year and use plastic for everything I can.Our Transatlantic on Royal in April will be a total freebie.I do pay the entire balance monthly and have never paid Barclay a cent of interest having gotten the card the first day it became available.

The Princess credit card is only for Princess cruises ? The reason I ask is because I saw where the Carnival credit card can be used for Carnival, Princess, Holland America & Seabourn. Would it be better to have the Carnival credit card in case you cruise on the other cruise lines? I think the rewards are the same.

The Princess credit card is only for Princess cruises ? The reason I ask is because I saw where the Carnival credit card can be used for Carnival, Princess, Holland America & Seabourn. Would it be better to have the Carnival credit card in case you cruise on the other cruise lines? I think the rewards are the same.

I don't know anything about a Carnival credit card but you only get double points for Princess related purchases & single points for other purchases except for special promotions.

You only get double points on the Carnival card for Carnival line purchases, but the points can be used for multiple lines. You get double the points for Princess on the Princess card, but those points can only be used on Princess.

Depends on your sailing patterns.

You only get double points on the Carnival card for Carnival line purchases, but the points can be used for multiple lines. You get double the points for Princess on the Princess card, but those points can only be used on Princess.

Depends on your sailing patterns.

Thanks Loonbeam for that info. That is what I thought since we are Platinum on both Princess & Carnival & also sail on Holland America. We do cruise Princess more nowadays, so the Princess card would yield a better return for us.