Celebrity Now Providing Free Sex Change

Pilot70D

I think they are taking the Princess new ad campaign "Come Back New" to the next level.

Or more likely Celebrity wants to demonstrate that they are on the cutting edge of technology.

:eek:

I don't even like to think along those lines. OUCH!!!!!

:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

In recent months, I've been getting e-mails from ''the President'' addressed '' Dear Hazel'' , and others '' Dear James''.....

I'm neither !

I'm Claude Alex G.....now,,,,where do we suppose they get these other first names....:rolleyes:

Way to go,Celebrity !! Your shoreside ops continue to amaze me beyond belief.....:eek:

Cheers

You could suggest to Mr. Bayley, that your onboard account be charged to "Kathleen!"

Hank

What a great suggestion!!! DO you suppose that I could get that final onboard bill sent to some other cabin?????

YIPEEEEEE!! Spending spree here I come.

:D:):D

Be careful how you joke! Sometimes, they've tried to change sexual orientation! We booked a cruise with friends, but with different travel agents. When we boarded, they had my husband with our friend Joel, and me with his wife Marjorie! Beds together as requested though. I think Joel was the most upset about this.:D

Andrew

I do the research and book the cruises, Dh get to pay for them. I get all the emails.

They must know that the only part DH has in this is that he pays and shows up when told!

I do all the research. I have the future cruise certificate in my name. I use the credit card with my name on it. I book the cruises.

He gets the emails.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Celebrity messes up people's names in emails, because they completely messed up my name and my cabinmate's names on a Celebrity Summit cruise. We have completely different names. Let's say that her name is "Susan Hill" and my name is "Pauline Szymanski." One morning, Guest Services called our cabin looking for me. Susan answered the phone. After she said that she wasn't me, she was asked who she was. She said "Susan Hill," and the Guest Services person said that there was no record of anyone named Susan Hill being in my cabin. When we boarded the ship, we had no problem with our boarding info, which said that both of us were going to take the cruise, and Susan was given her own keycard, but still, Guest Services had no record of her.

The next day, Guest Services left a note for Mr. and Mrs. Hill. Who the heck was Mr. Hill? Susan is a widow, and her late husband never sailed on Celebrity. Did they think that Mr. Hill was traveling under the name Pauline Szymanski?

So some Guest Services people thought the cabin was occupied by just me, and some thought it was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Hill (they had no idea what Mr. Hill's first name was), and I guess they thought that I wasn't even on the cruise. And it's possible that some thought that the cabin was occupied by the three of us.

Susan and I laughed and laughed at the idea of them looking for Mr. Hill after the cruise was over, because he never swiped his keycard to prove that he had left the ship.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Celebrity messes up people's names in emails, because they completely messed up my name and my cabinmate's names on a Celebrity Summit cruise. We have completely different names. Let's say that her name is "Susan Hill" and my name is "Pauline Szymanski." One morning, Guest Services called our cabin looking for me. Susan answered the phone. After she said that she wasn't me, she was asked who she was. She said "Susan Hill," and the Guest Services person said that there was no record of anyone named Susan Hill being in my cabin. When we boarded the ship, we had no problem with our boarding info, which said that both of us were going to take the cruise, and Susan was given her own keycard, but still, Guest Services had no record of her.

The next day, Guest Services left a note for Mr. and Mrs. Hill. Who the heck was Mr. Hill? Susan is a widow, and her late husband never sailed on Celebrity. Did they think that Mr. Hill was traveling under the name Pauline Szymanski?

So some Guest Services people thought the cabin was occupied by just me, and some thought it was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Hill (they had no idea what Mr. Hill's first name was), and I guess they thought that I wasn't even on the cruise. And it's possible that some thought that the cabin was occupied by the three of us.

Susan and I laughed and laughed at the idea of them looking for Mr. Hill after the cruise was over, because he never swiped his keycard to prove that he had left the ship.

In addition to being sent emails as "PaulW" [see previous post], on board I am always [every Celebrity cruise as far as I can recall] called "Mrs Richard" [Richard is my husband's first name]. I even have formal table place cards with "Mrs Richard" on them. This despite, as another poster has said, me being the person who does all the booking, all the correspondence and whose credit card is always used both land-side and onboard. I am waiting for the day he becomes "Mr Susan".

Edited by Project_gal

Be careful how you joke! Sometimes, they've tried to change sexual orientation! We booked a cruise with friends, but with different travel agents. When we boarded, they had my husband with our friend Joel, and me with his wife Marjorie! Beds together as requested though. I think Joel was the most upset about this.:D

Andrew

Y'all inadvertently ended up on one the =X= "Swingers" themed cruise. This was an undocumented marketing campaign during which Celebrity was attempting to lure customers away from Carnival and HAL :rolleyes:

This campaign, while not long lived, did make for some unusual cabin mates arrangements!!!!

:D;):D