Minimum ATM Withdrawal?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what is the minimum amount of money that can be taken from an ATM in the Baltic countries that do not use the Euro? Will be using a debit card. We know that larger amounts are better than frequent small amounts in terms of fees but don't want or need large amounts in these countries. Credit unions don't charge large fees anyway.

We aren't shoppers but might want to make a small purchase of something to drink or a quick snack.

Thanks.

Latvia and Estonia use the Euro and it widely accepted in any tourist establioshment in Lithuania as well.

Unless you plan to buy a local bus ticket or somethinhg like that, shops and restaurants are very likely to accept Euros (but probably give you change in local currency)

Any ATM will tell you minimum / maximum amounts. Just punch in the least amount you want and it will either spit out the cash or let you know otherwise.

Swedish ATMs usually only have 100SEK ($15) and 500SEK bills or sometimes only 500SEK ($75) bills.

In the first case 100SEK is the lowest possible amount and 500SEK is the lowest in the second case.

This is exactly the info I have been wanting. Maybe someone else could give the same for the other Baltic stops.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but I was traveling solo on my Baltic cruise and I am NOT a shopper. So I really only withdrew enough for my meals and beverages and snacks (I use a credit card where I can and it's appropriate). In all locations where I needed new currency, I was able to withdraw the equivalent of $15-30 or so. Before I leave, I write up a little paper conversion chart for each currency so that I know how much $20, $40, $50, $75, etc. will be in that currency. I also write up the reverse so I can quickly convert the other direction too. Then I go to an ATM and compare the amounts it will offer to what I need. I rarely end up with much extra unspent currency. I can usually find a $5 Diet Coke somewhere to get rid of the extra.

Edited by MeHeartCruising