Chefs Table and Vegeterian

Keith.W

I do not have an answer, I am not sure anyone will, but I can say, knowing NCL I am sure it is possible, but knowing what the Chef's table is all about, you may not want to spend almost $100 for a lot of food you will not be eating.

Thanks for the quick reply, i no its a lot of money to spend for food that may not be eat. I will ask on board would it cause much hassle for the chef if not ill hold out. Its just i am traveling with a chef and they would like to do it so i might just let them do it and ill hit the buffet.

Edited by Keith.W

Thanks for the quick reply, i no its a lot of money to spend for food that may not be eat. I will ask on board would it cause much hassle for the chef if not ill hold out. Its just i am traveling with a chef and they would like to do it so i might just let them do it and ill hit the buffet.

let's us know what you decide. I am sure the chef could fix some dishes that are truly vegetarian, but, it is the cost for what you will be getting that might be spent better somewhere else. of course you do get a lot of wine, maybe that would make up for the lack of dishes available to you. Good luck.

After reading your post, I can't help thinking that it would be better to leave your "seat" for somebody else who really wants to enjoy the chef's table dinner. After all there are usually only room for 12 persons at that dinner, out of between 2000 and 4000 passengers, and many more than 12 who would really like to participate....

let's us know what you decide. I am sure the chef could fix some dishes that are truly vegetarian, but, it is the cost for what you will be getting that might be spent better somewhere else. of course you do get a lot of wine, maybe that would make up for the lack of dishes available to you. Good luck.

Yeah, i sure will let ye no, although ill have to wait until June to try

After reading your post, I can't help thinking that it would be better to leave your "seat" for somebody else who really wants to enjoy the chef's table dinner. After all there are usually only room for 12 persons at that dinner, out of between 2000 and 4000 passengers, and many more than 12 who would really like to participate....

Thanks i truly would like to do it, as it is once in a lifetime experience but being a vegetarian it could cause problems. Thanks for your input

Hi, i will be traveling with friends on the epic who would like to do the chefs table and was wondering is it possible to do it being vegetarian or will this cause problems.

We were on the NCL SPIRIT in January 2013 and the chef made a beautiful delicious vegetarian dish for my husband. I wish that I had also requested it. It was the most attractive dish from mine and our friends.

Edited by paiagirl
Need to edit

Hi, i will be traveling with friends on the epic who would like to do the chefs table and was wondering is it possible to do it being vegetarian or will this cause problems.

I think that you should go for it and join your friends. I'm sure that the chef would be happy to accommodate you just as they would anyone with special dietary needs. We sailed on the Breakaway a few weeks ago and there were no vegetarian dishes offered on the MDR on the last night of our cruise, so the chef made me some delicious Indian dishes. I don't think you should give up your seat, I think that you and your friends should enjoy the experience together.

Hi...I sailed on the Breakaway with a vegan and a vegetarian. We attended our Meet and Greet and talked with several food and beverage officers.

Poof! The vegan had special menus delivered to the room every day and the vegetarian had no problem at all.

Now...having said that....I did not go to the Chef's Table but based on the service given to my vegan and vegetarian daughters I can only believe that a vegetarian can be served anywhere on ship.

I don't know if you are active on your roll call, but there might be a meet and greet already scheduled and I urge you to go if you are concerned about vegetarian meals.

You can also call NCL directly to discuss dietary needs, but I was told "no vegan options were available" from them but my vegan daughter was well taken care of all week long!

Have a great cruise!!!:)

I think that you should go for it and join your friends. I'm sure that the chef would be happy to accommodate you just as they would anyone with special dietary needs. We sailed on the Breakaway a few weeks ago and there were no vegetarian dishes offered on the MDR on the last night of our cruise, so the chef made me some delicious Indian dishes. I don't think you should give up your seat, I think that you and your friends should enjoy the experience together.

I agree totally. In culinary school we were taught accommodating guests should be a prime concern. I can understand you wanting to enjoy the CT FOR THE SOCIAL ASPECT. it really is a fine event. I believe you should sign up for it and let them know that you would like to meet with the executive chef before hand and I am sure they will do a great job of accommodating you.

On one of my prior chefs table dinners there was an individual who was allergic to seafood and they made substitutions for them.

Good luck and I hope you go and enjoy it as much as I have.

Ncl is always very accomadating to special diets with lots of options. I am not sure the chefs table is the best choice for a vegatarian. It is a menu crafted over a year and identical across the fleet. I just believe the cost could not be justified without the seafood and meat courses. You can ask but don't be surprised for this very limited seating they find it impossible to accomadate your request. You are asking for an almost 100% different meal.

Edited by time2cruise1

Ncl is always very accomadating to special diets with lots of options. I am not sure the chefs table is the best choice for a vegatarian. It is a menu crafted over a year and identical across the fleet. I just believe the cost could not be justified without the seafood and meat courses. You can ask but don't be surprised for this very limited seating they find it impossible to accomadate your request. You are asking for an almost 100% different meal.

Agreed, they may go above and beyond but it is almost like going to the Taste of India that is offered on some cruises and asking for Italian.

Thanks for the reply's everyone, i am in a mixed decision on what i should do. I think ill leave it and let them do the chefs table.

I know the Chef's table is a once in a lifetime experience, but I think your decision or it looks like your decision to let them enjoy experience without you might be the best solution.