Grandeur JS aft vs. panoramic OV-opinions please

Hi-

I'd like to hear some opinions from those that have been on the Grandeur or other Vision class ships. I am going back and forth between a panoramic ocean view room (220 sq ft) for $929 pp vs an aft Junior Suite (247 sq ft) for $1449 pp. The cruise is an 8 night Bahamas/Key West from Baltimore in February. This is only our 3rd cruise, having been on the Explorer (balcony) 2 years ago and the Freedom (corner aft balcony) this past January. I have to say, we absolutely loved the cabin on Freedom (#1400) and are kind of spoiled on aft cabins now. But as you can see, there is a pretty big price jump here between the OV and the JS. My main reason for questioning my decision is that the panoramic OVs on Grandeur are listed at 220 sq feet. Not a bad size for the price.

Anyway, i look forward to and appreciate any opinions you may have.

Thanks

Chris

Bob-

I should have added that the price of a regular (D) balcony is $1300pp, so the JS is only $150 more. And an aft. My guess that the balcony price is so high, and correct me if I am wrong, is that the Grandeur just doen't have many balcony cabins, older ship. Supply and demand.

Another option is to do the Quantum, but the inside prices are almost as high as the JS on Grandeur. The Grandeur is not our first choice of ships, but we don't feel like flying to Fla this time, so we are going out of ports where we can drive, Bayonne and Baltimore. There are 5 of us so air fare gets quite expensive. We are thinking of booking one OV and one JS.

Chris

Just did 8 night Grandeur JS aft and absolutely loved all the space, including tons of storage space. Our ship had an outbreak of Noro and being able to spend so much time on the huge balcony with chaise lounges was what we did with all our spare time. It was quiet, private and we will miss it. Actually I think it spoiled us.

Sorry, we've never seen a panoramic cabin.

Bear in mind that day 1 and probably 2 you won't be using your balcony, nor days 7 and 8. February in Baltimore isn't balcony weather lol! I have seen the new pano cabins ans they are beautiful and spacious. Might be a nice way to see the sights and save a little coin. They tend to go fast though, I would decide quickly!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We did a cabin crawl last year when we brought Grandeur home to Baltimore and the pana OV was not what it was cracked up to be. It is possible we just visited a bad room, but the window was not the entire room length, just part of it.