Barcelona Port,Red, Blue or Green Hop on and off

Nickynac

Hi

Arriving Barcalona Port on IOS, August 2014, departing liner 08.00 - 18.00.

We would like to see as much as possible in this time.

What bus to we catch from the port and which sight seeing tour would be good value for two SC.

Would it be a good idea to pay/book our HOHO vouchers now? :o:confused:

Thanks for your help :)

Nickynac x

You can buy HO HO bus tix when you arrive. Very easy. I wouldn't prepurchase. You can decide on the route you want to take when you arrive. It will depend on if you want to stop at a particular site or if you are just going for an overview.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

I used this site a lot the first time we visited. You can get familiar with all kinds of city related things.

You can buy HO HO bus tix when you arrive. Very easy. I wouldn't prepurchase. You can decide on the route you want to take when you arrive. It will depend on if you want to stop at a particular site or if you are just going for an overview.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

I used this site a lot the first time we visited. You can get familiar with all kinds of city related things.

Had a very quick look at the tourist guide and they have Q&A section so big thank you for that.

Will take your advice and wait to purchase our tour tickets once we arrive, just thought i might be saving queuing time if i pre purchased them. ;)

Thank you :)

We thought we were doing a good thing in pre-purchasing our tix online. I mean, what can go wrong, hey? Anyway, arrived in beautiful Barcelona ready to take our HOHO all around the city, and learned that for this line you have to change your online ticket for a paper one at the office downtown, which means getting there yourself, right? See the frustration? Paid tickets, can't use them right away. As stated, just buy them when you get there. :)

Anyway, the red/green/blue line is fantastic - we took it around at least twice and our hotel was at the very end of the green line, so it worked perfectly for us.

Enjoy your time. :)

We thought we were doing a good thing in pre-purchasing our tix online. I mean, what can go wrong, hey? Anyway, arrived in beautiful Barcelona ready to take our HOHO all around the city, and learned that for this line you have to change your online ticket for a paper one at the office downtown, which means getting there yourself, right? See the frustration? Paid tickets, can't use them right away. As stated, just buy them when you get there. :)

Anyway, the red/green/blue line is fantastic - we took it around at least twice and our hotel was at the very end of the green line, so it worked perfectly for us.

Enjoy your time. :)

Thanks Karen for that, i did read somewhere that tickets had to be bought online before arriving. :mad:

Hopefully will be able to get some tickets once we arrive, i did'it want to waste any time by queuing though. ;)

We visited Barcelona last fall and used the red HOHO bus.

This is a link to a mini review of our stay in Barcelona.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943583

Both of the bus companies have a stop near the Columbus statue at the top of the port.

This is a map of the port area. You will likely be docked at A,B, C, or D. You can see it is a long way to the entrance of the port. You can take the port shuttle. [~5 euro pp RT] If you go to the spot identified as #1 this is the traffic circle near the Columbus statue. You can get a taxi directly beside your ship.

Both HOHO companies are here. The city owned Bus Touristic [blue] is on the port side of the road. The red bus is located on the right side of the traffic circle as you look up Las Ramblas and across the road.

Barcelona-Port-Map_zps650e2946.gif

Having said that--if you have a few places you want to see you might want to get a taxi directly to them or take the metro. The HOHO takes around 2+ hrs to make a circuit. It is a good way to get an overview and the commentary is good. It all depends on your mobility and touring goals for the city.

Have a great cruise. :)

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We visited Barcelona last fall and used the red HOHO bus.

This is a link to a mini review of our stay in Barcelona.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943583

Both of the bus companies have a stop near the Columbus statue at the top of the port.

This is a map of the port area. You will likely be docked at A,B, C, or D. You can see it is a long way to the entrance of the port. You can take the port shuttle. [~5 euro pp RT] If you go to the spot identified as #1 this is the traffic circle near the Columbus statue. You can get a taxi directly beside your ship.

Both HOHO companies are here. The city owned Bus Touristic [blue] is on the port side of the road. The red bus is located on the right side of the traffic circle as you look up Las Ramblas and across the road.

Barcelona-Port-Map_zps650e2946.gif

Having said that--if you have a few places you want to see you might want to get a taxi directly to them or take the metro. The HOHO takes around 2+ hrs to make a circuit. It is a good way to get an overview and the commentary is good. It all depends on your mobility and touring goals for the city.

Have a great cruise. :)

Thank you for posting the info and your review. Very helpful. I see that you purchased your tickets on line with a 10% discount. Were you able to get on the bus at the Columbus Statue with your on line tickets or did you have to exchange them at an outlet? Thanks again for your help. :)

Dolfans from Miami

Thank you for posting the info and your review. Very helpful. I see that you purchased your tickets on line with a 10% discount. Were you able to get on the bus at the Columbus Statue with your on line tickets or did you have to exchange them at an outlet? Thanks again for your help. :)

Dolfans from Miami

Hey Dols! Earlier, Jill and I were just talking about Barcelona hotel to pier/metro transport for our cruise this coming July. I decided to check it out and lo' and behold, I see you here! Hope all is well with you and R.

Hey Dols! Earlier, Jill and I were just talking about Barcelona hotel to pier/metro transport for our cruise this coming July. I decided to check it out and lo' and behold, I see you here! Hope all is well with you and R.

Great to hear from you Brig! Things are great our way and just preparing for our upcoming Med cruise in a couple of weeks. We are actually meeting up with Gerald and Cathie from our Baltic cruise in Barcelona and trying to find out if they can use the on line tickets directly on the HOHO. We will be there post cruise and they will be on a port stop. Anyway, enjoy your cruise in July and my best to Jill! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Great to hear from you Brig! Things are great our way and just preparing for our upcoming Med cruise in a couple of weeks. We are actually meeting up with Gerald and Cathie from our Baltic cruise in Barcelona and trying to find out if they can use the on line tickets directly on the HOHO. We will be there post cruise and they will be on a port stop. Anyway, enjoy your cruise in July and my best to Jill! :)

Dolfans from Miami

That's terrific you get to meet up with them! I pal'ed up with Gerald during the St. Petersburg tours. He's a very nice gentleman and Cathie was very sweet. Please give them our best. It's great to finally be in the double digit countdown! I remember saying: 400+ days till embarkation... when we were booking onboard Brilliance last May. :p

Happy sailing!

Edited by Brigbound

That's terrific you get to meet up with them! I pal'ed up with Gerald during the St. Petersburg tours. He's a very nice gentleman and Cathie was very sweet. Please give them our best. It's great to finally be in the double digit countdown! I remember saying: 400+ days till embarkation... when we were booking onboard Brilliance last May. :p

Happy sailing!

Yep! Cathie and Gerald our great people and I'll make sure to tell them hi from you. Time flies by for sure! Won't be much longer now! Enjoy, my friend! :)

Dolfans from Miami