Fantasy or Fascination?

amy_94

We are looking to go on our first cruise next summer. I have it narrowed down to 2 choices. I know the ships are similar,but, is there one you would pick over the other based on ports or any other factors? Thank you in advance!

1. Fantasy out of Charleston, SC. 5 day cruise. Ports are Nassau and Freeport

2. Fascination out of Jacksonville. 5 day cruise. Ports are Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

I have not been yet to this port but i would pick Half Moon Cay cruise out of Jacksonville all other things being equal because everyone raves about that port...an incredibly beautiful private island beach and gorgeous surreal water...looking forward to a visit myself someday...Sarah

We are looking to go on our first cruise next summer. I have it narrowed down to 2 choices. I know the ships are similar,but, is there one you would pick over the other based on ports or any other factors? Thank you in advance!

1. Fantasy out of Charleston, SC. 5 day cruise. Ports are Nassau and Freeport

2. Fascination out of Jacksonville. 5 day cruise. Ports are Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

I have sailed on Fascination twice and enjoyed it both times. Having been to all ports, I would highly recommend the itinerary that goes to Half Moon Cay. MUCH better stop than Freeport. Simply beautiful, fun, and relaxing there! :D

We live in Charleston, SC and love the Fascination out of Jacksonville. We've been to Freeport and won't go again, so our preference is to drive to Jacksonville. I'm just not willing to go to Nassau and Freeport, even though the Fantasy is right out our backdoor. We have sailed on the Fantasy once but the Fascination is my favorite ship (been on the Dream 2x and Glory).

Enjoy your cruise!

My mom and I are taking a cruise in June. On the fantasy for 7 days. It goes to half moon cay, Nassau, and grand Turk. :-) for 7 days though. So if you're really wanting to do the fantasy, that's an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My mom and I are taking a cruise in June. On the fantasy for 7 days. It goes to half moon cay, Nassau, and grand Turk. :-) for 7 days though. So if you're really wanting to do the fantasy, that's an option.

This!

I would love to do a longer cruise but working in a vacation is not always easy for my husband. I work at a school so have summers off but, he has a lot of people taking vacations in the summer and usually has to do a lot of switching around to get in any kind of vacation. This will also be the first vacation we have ever taken without our kids so the 5 day seems like it will work better. Thank you for the suggestion!

We are doing this cruise next February, Never been to Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay before and looking forward to going there!!

I agree, for the extra few hours drive time is worth it for half moon. Did that same itinerary twice last year. Jacksonville is by far the easiest embarkation port we've experienced. Nice scenic ride down the river to the Atlantic. Been to Freeport once...it is an industrial "pit stop" for ships and unless you have an excursion you're limited in the immediate port area to flea market style shopping. Freeport is no comparison to Half Moon Cay in my opinion. There you will have an excellent island BBQ and endless options from lying on the beach to walking scenic trails.

Unless you really want to spend time in Charleston (which happens to be one of my favorite cities: history, southern charm, and amazing Low County cuisine), then hands down, take the Fascination out of Jacksonville. Half Moon Cay definitely trumps Freeport!