Suggest inexpensive waterproof camera???

scrapperluv

Hi all!

I'd like to buy an inexpensive waterproof camera so I can take pictures during snorkeling and while petting stingrays! It doesn't need to be a top of the line diving camera since we won't take more than a few feet underwater during snorkeling.

I'd prefer a digital (35 mm are so inconvenient!). Was looking at Amazon and the reviews are so mixed for each camera. There's a Vivitar Aquashot Underwater Digital Camera for $30 that some people rave about and some say it filled with water right away.

Do you have something similar that you use and love? Thanks! Heidi

Hi all!

I'd like to buy an inexpensive waterproof camera so I can take pictures during snorkeling and while petting stingrays! It doesn't need to be a top of the line diving camera since we won't take more than a few feet underwater during snorkeling.

I'd prefer a digital (35 mm are so inconvenient!). Was looking at Amazon and the reviews are so mixed for each camera. There's a Vivitar Aquashot Underwater Digital Camera for $30 that some people rave about and some say it filled with water right away.

Do you have something similar that you use and love? Thanks! Heidi

I noticed reviews are mixed on just about every water proof camera. I did buy one from Walmart for our upcoming trip and I also bought a point and shoot waterproof one from Amazon that was on sale.

I figure if one of them is going to fail in the waterproof process than I'd rather it be a $40 camera than a $200 camera.

I watched some reviews on the Walmart camera and most are pretty happy with it. It's no GoPro but then again it's 1/4th ish it's price tag also.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vivitar-DVR787PNKKITWM/29531769?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_bottom&strategy=PWBAB&visitor_id=28996405178&category=0%3A3944%3A133277%3A4549&client_guid=3c07c36c-016e-4ec7-9924-641b9e1189d5&customer_id_enc=96df96253dc035814461d6701b4f8752&config_id=0&parent_item_id=29531768&guid=fe4710c5-ccf1-460e-b9c1-b0944b3df003&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-TS25-Digital-Camera-Intelligent/dp/B00ATE7TYC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1398290014&sr=8-7&keywords=waterproof+camera

I've been interested in purchasing something similar for our June cruise. I'm leaning toward the Fuji FinePix XP60. Overall the reviews on Amazon are pretty good. It sells on there in the $175 range. But I noticed that Walmart has them in the $125 range.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just use the disposable underwater camera, you can get them on sale for under $10 and they take good enough pictures! Plus, if probably won't get stolen from the beach, but if it does, you're not out of a lot of money.

I agree we had a few 200 to 300 dolllar cameras, but I would just get a disposable

I have an Olympus Tough and it is totally waterproof and takes great pictures. Got it on sale on Amazon for around $100 and I use it all the time.

There is a camera forum here; you may want to take a look there for suggestions.