RCCL Secrets they don't tell you about

Shannon - EWWWWWWW is right. I almost spewed my mountain dew all over my laptop when I read that. BTW - cancelled the camping - going canoeing in the AM.

See ya

jim

:D Sorry, it caused my appetite to go bye-bye when I witnessed it firsthand, so didn't mean to cost you your mouthful of mountain dew! Needless to say, we avoided the buffet after that...

If your ship is not sold out they will sell cheap upgrades at the pier during check in. Look for a small table set up usually to the left of check in. Gotta show up early though.

Tip some cash to your staff on day one and your service level will go way up

Tip your dealer and your winnings will go up

Book your own flights

Do your homework and book your own excursions

It's ok to take an ice chest (we like softsides)

Have your steward empty the fridge and fill it with the drinks you packed

Don't sweat the little things and you'll have more fun!

Another secret you don't know...RCCL will make you get off the ship after 7 days.

that is really bad news as I am thinking a 14 day cruise, what happens if the 7th day is a sea day as i am a really bad swimmer, will they give me a life jacket? :D

Alluded to in an earlier post. Once you "smuggle" your liquor in, feel free to leave them out in plain view in the cabin. Those who hope for tips do not "narc". In fact my steward usually organizes my little plastic airline bottles

quite nicely for me.

You do not have to pack your bags and leave them out in the hall the last nite.

You can just pack the last morning

and walk off the ship with them. I prefer this, but others with a lot of stuff might not like lugging it around the next morning.

Some ships are even starting an official "those with luggage" category for the last morning.

Mitch

You do not have to pack your bags and leave them out in the hall the last nite.

You can just pack the last morning

and walk off the ship with them. I prefer this, but others with a lot of stuff might not like lugging it around the next morning.

Some ships are even starting an official "those with luggage" category for the last morning.

Mitch

This was an option only available to Americans on our last cruise in March. Personally I don't want to schep all those bags around. I have enough trouble keeping track of one carryon.

Beth

While I try to use the stairs whenever possible, DH and I have discovered that the maintenance staff have swipe cards that have the elevator provide an express ride.

Can be hard to find, but we've managed a few express rides from Deck 3 to 12 on occasion!

Don't think that this was already mentioned: With room service, you don't need to stick with the limited menu found in the guest book, or the card used for breakfast. With a few exceptions (like lobster, I think), call and they will deliver any dishes currently being served in the dining room.

Do you know what type of pills they dish out??

Be careful taking these if you take other medications. Our friend takes blood pressure medications & the generic "Dramamine" they gave him really affected him poorly. We began to call it "Drama -MEAN"! :eek: His whole countenance changed. And he's a pastor! Please check with your doctor if you're taking other meds.

as well as deep sea fishing! The Best at no extra cost............... just hope they don't take you rod when you board. ;-)

that is really bad news as I am thinking a 14 day cruise, what happens if the 7th day is a sea day as i am a really bad swimmer, will they give me a life jacket? :D

Can't say if this is true on all RCCL ships, but on the Mariner if you went to the Schooner Bar and ordered the drink of the day they served it in an actual "glass" hurricane glass rather than the plastic hurricane glass served topside. Got two and they are very nice. The stem is the RCCL anchor logo and the printing is blue on the glass. Good quality and I enjoy making my own foo-foo drinks at home and serving them in the glasses. They might've been a dollar or two more than the plastic ones, but worth every penny of the extra $$. :D

Theresa

Sorry if someone already posted these.

If you want a souvenier glass, just walk around the pool area about the time everyone is leaving to go back to their cabins to shower for dinner.

Use a credit card that you will not need for the cruise to "swipe" your room safe open and closed. Like a store card. Less chance that you will loose or misplace your major credit card which may also be your card that pays your "sign and sail" account. Plus, if you lose a store card, you don't have to worry as much about someone finding it and using it right away, because there's not a Macy's or a JC Penney on the ship or in port!

Use a credit card that you will not need for the cruise to "swipe" your room safe open and closed. Like a store card. Less chance that you will loose or misplace your major credit card which may also be your card that pays your "sign and sail" account. Plus, if you lose a store card, you don't have to worry as much about someone finding it and using it right away, because there's not a Macy's or a JC Penney on the ship or in port!

I'm assuming this is how the safes work on some of the ships I haven't been on yet. VOS has combo locks where you set your own 4-digit combo and you don't need a card to swipe them with.

Use a credit card that you will not need for the cruise to "swipe" your room safe open and closed. Like a store card. Less chance that you will loose or misplace your major credit card which may also be your card that pays your "sign and sail" account.

That's brilliant! I never would have thought of that! I'm a bit slow on some things.

*Someone already mentioned this... but DO find yourself a drink waiter "friend" early in your trip. Cash tip him or her a little at first, then a couple of times very well once you're on a first name basis with your friend. Your tips will be money well spent. Trust me.

This works with bartenders as well, but usually not the ones on the pool decks. My last cruise I made friends with a bartender, and I paid for only 1 drink per day.

I'm assuming this is how the safes work on some of the ships I haven't been on yet. VOS has combo locks where you set your own 4-digit combo and you don't need a card to swipe them with.

Ditto for the Radiance...combo lock in our stateroom.

Amanda

Try tipping the bartenders with something unusual...2-dollar bills or my favorite, the golden dollar coin. On our last cruise the waiters at the Wig & Gavel would see us coming and make sure that we got a table and great service!

Regarding bartender tips...

Do you use cash or your seapass card?

We were told (because we asked...) that if the tip is signed on the ticket to your seapass card, then it is divided equally among all the bar staff. However, if you give cash, it will be retained by the person for which it is intended.

GREAT topic... thanks for all the tips! :)

Regarding bartender tips...

We were told (because we asked...) that if the tip is signed on the ticket to your seapass card, then it is divided equally among all the bar staff. However, if you give cash, it will be retained by the person for which it is intended.

GREAT topic... thanks for all the tips! :)

Good advice.

Thanks

Archived