NCL Getaway - April 12-19 trip pics

TheSeaDragon

Pictures are fantastic! Makes me want to go on Getaway again next year.

How did you get the overhead view picture of someone's amazing house in St. Thomas with the semicircle infinity pool? I want that house and pool. Although I guess if you were able to get a shot of it, it's not that private.

Yeah, it's not private at all. I took the photos on the aerial cars that go up and down the side of the mountain. You basically go right over the houses.

Here's a shot showing the "ride" we were on.

2014-04-16-2469.jpg

The shot of the harbor in St. Thomas looks familiar. I think I have almost that exact same shot--different ships, of course--from when I went to STT on Epic last year. :) It's a beautiful shot from the top of the point. Were the renovations up there finished?

You're tempting me even more to do Getaway next year. Just to try her Studios and see how they compare to Epic's, of course. :D

Yes, it's a great vantage point up there. There was still construction going on as there was concrete walls being poured. For what I don't know.

Wow, you were on the Atlantic crossing? That would have been amazing.

Yes, a couple of crew members stood out to us and we filled out the "vacation hero" cards before the end of our cruise. One was a waitress at Ocean Blue who made my wife's birthday a very enjoyable occasion. The other was our cabin steward who was a really nice person.

In fact, the whole crew seemed very happy and in a good mood. What a great crew the Getaway has.

The Getaway's Transatlantic Crossing was so much fun that I am now booked on the Escape from Southampton to Miami in October 2015. If you can, please join us, it will be a great cruise as well.

I was out on deck each morning that we pulled into a port. Here is a short fun video of the crew setting up just after the ramp hit the dock at St. Thomas. Talk about a well oiled machine!

I don't know if this forum supports Vimeo embedding, but here is a link to the video: Setting up at St. Thomas

Edited by TheSeaDragon

thank you so much for all the pictures and reviews. I will be on the Getaway in 3 weeks and 1 day. Our first cruise and I am so excited!!:D

Well, see now, I think you need to check the math. We, too, will be on the May 10th sailing of the Getaway and by my calculations, it's TWO weeks and one day. Please, please, please don't make me wait another week!:D

Well, see now, I think you need to check the math. We, too, will be on the May 10th sailing of the Getaway and by my calculations, it's TWO weeks and one day. Please, please, please don't make me wait another week!:D

lol...I got up this morning and told my husband I was off a week. Can't believe I have been saying that. woohoo...2 weeks.

We are going on the Getaway in November. How do you find out about the ride on st Thomas that goes up to the top. I've never seen that. Is it a ship excursion? Great pics btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are going on the Getaway in November. How do you find out about the ride on st Thomas that goes up to the top. I've never seen that. Is it a ship excursion? Great pics btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The tram ride can be done thru the ship, however, it's easily done on your own. It's basically right across the street from the pier entrance. If you walk past all the shops to the street and turn left you'll see it on your right. Not a long walk at all. Really less than a city block. Someone else can chime in on price. Not sure about that.

The tram ride can be done thru the ship, however, it's easily done on your own. It's basically right across the street from the pier entrance. If you walk past all the shops to the street and turn left you'll see it on your right. Not a long walk at all. Really less than a city block. Someone else can chime in on price. Not sure about that.

Exactly right. We just waked a few minutes from the ship to the tram. I think it was about $20 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am interested in how you posted pictures. I want to do a review with pics when we return but I remember having trouble last time.

Thanks!

I post all my photos to Photobucket and then just paste the links into the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cue the Benny Hill music! I was watching with the volume muted and it just popped into my head.

SeaDragon, you have a fantastic eye for composition. Really impressed. Is it a hobby or do you work in a related field?

Haha! Yes, Benny Hill would go well with the video indeed! Never thought of that.

Thanks for the compliment too! It's just a hobby that I've gotten into over the last couple of years (my profession is a database administrator). Photography is so interesting and I'm constantly learning and enjoying it all. :)

Edited by TheSeaDragon

Here's a video I shot of Maho beach and some of the planes landing, including the KLM 747!

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Maho Beach is still on my list to go to while in St. Maarten.

We were going to go there in Aug 2010 on Epic, but Hurricane Earl visited instead, so we went to Western Caribbean.

We were lucky to stop in St. Maarten in January this year, but opted out going to Maho Beach because there were no less than 5 other ships in on that day (some were huge ones).

Now, we're planning on going on the Getaway this fall and we're picking the week when there are 3 or less ships in port!!

P.S. your photos are magnificent - and I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise!!

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Maho Beach is still on my list to go to while in St. Maarten.

We were going to go there in Aug 2010 on Epic, but Hurricane Earl visited instead, so we went to Western Caribbean.

We were lucky to stop in St. Maarten in January this year, but opted out going to Maho Beach because there were no less than 5 other ships in on that day (some were huge ones).

Now, we're planning on going on the Getaway this fall and we're picking the week when there are 3 or less ships in port!!

P.S. your photos are magnificent - and I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise!!

Thank you! We had a great time the entire week. :)