Free sauna

bryjohn

If you book a cabin in Aqua Class, you receive unlimited use of the Persian Garden (wet and dry sauna, warm tiled loungers, rain showers, etc.).

To another poster's point, the free dry sauna is small, maybe holds 4 or 5 men comfortably? The showers on S-Class are better however with a changing area and bench and place to hang robe or dry clothes (in the locker room / changing area).

Never used a sauna or steam room before. I might try one on our cruise. What do you wear? Swim trunks/bathing suit?

In the single-sex sauna, you can wear nothing. In the co-ed ones you should probably wear a bathing suit, unless you're in Germany, then see above.

Never used a sauna or steam room before. I might try one on our cruise. What do you wear? Swim trunks/bathing suit?

How long does one spend in each? 15 mins?

Agree with others - with an additional piece of info. In the single sex (free) sauna you can wear nothing at all or a swim suit - but bring at least a towel to sit on if you decide to wear nothing. And don't spend more than 10- 15 minutes at a time. Then take a cool shower. If you feel up to it, go back for another 10 -15 minutes. Drink plenty of water afterwards to hydrate.

In the single-sex sauna, you can wear nothing.

I was just on the Reflection last month and there was a sign in the women's changing room sauna that said that "appropriate attire is required." I think that means that some form of clothing is necessary. ;)

I was just on the Reflection last month and there was a sign in the women's changing room sauna that said that "appropriate attire is required." I think that means that some form of clothing is necessary. ;)

Well, then I'll wear my birthday suit! :D

I don't know what "appropriate attire" even means in this case...if they want to have a policy, then they have to spell it out. Like they do for the dining rooms.

Slightly off subject but I was in a hotel in holland, on business, earlier this year. I went to use their (multi-sex) sauna and steam room, suitably attired in my swim shorts, only to find a notice saying "no swim wear allowed in the sauna or steam rooms".

As they say, "when in Rome........", it didn't take me long to be going all native!! :o :eek: :) :D