Princess Grand - Excursions

AmberCascades

We are doing a Pacific coastal cruise this fall and I am researching excursions. It's our first time with Princess so maybe they operate differently from other lines (?). When I click on excursions it only shows things for Vancouver and Victoria. I can find things to do at the other ports, but I wanted to see what might be offered through the ship. Nothing? No wine tours or city tours of San Franciso or LA or anything? Am I looking too early? Perhaps some experienced Princess cruisers can advise me here.

Thanks!:)

I just returned from a coastal cruise and had a princess excursion in Long Beach so they do offer them. I've never noticed excursions to be offered at differnt times for the same cruise. I would keep checking online or call Princess and ask.

We are doing a Pacific coastal cruise this fall and I am researching excursions. It's our first time with Princess so maybe they operate differently from other lines (?). When I click on excursions it only shows things for Vancouver and Victoria. I can find things to do at the other ports, but I wanted to see what might be offered through the ship. Nothing? No wine tours or city tours of San Franciso or LA or anything? Am I looking too early? Perhaps some experienced Princess cruisers can advise me here.

Are you looking at the specific information for your druise in the Personalizer or are you looking at "Learn About Cruising" / "Shore Excursions" ?

If using the latter, once you get to "Shore Excursions" select "California & Pacific Coastals" and then pick the port you are interested in.

You will then see what might be offered, but you will not know for sure until excursions are available for your specific cruise.

For our coastal it was about 3 months later that they released the excursions for one of the ports. Keep checking, and when it is closer to the cruise time they will probably have them up on the site :)

Go to Princess.com. Seleck "Plan a Cruise." Then "Search Cruises." Find your cruise and select it. Then select ports and excursions. There you will see a selection of tours Princess normally has at the various ports. These tours should be available for booking in your "My Booking" site at some point before you depart, probably by the end of May. Some may already be available for booking. Princess may still be working on the fall pricing and other issues which is why you can't actually book them yet. Assume you are going on the Sept 22 RT Vancouver. Keep watching. You have lots of time.

Suggest you look for the CC Roll Call for your cruise, if there is one. There you may find fellow passengers that wish to arrange private tours.

Thanks. What was your excursion in Long Beach?

We just sailed on the Grand earlier this month. Was scheduled for the harbor tour in Long Beach but the tour was canceled and we were notified in our cabin when we boarded. So we visited the Queen Mary right next door instead. Admission is FREE with your cruise card.

Did a harbor tour in San Diego and saw all the Navy ships.

Rode the Trolley in Santa Barbara.

There is a link to pictures in my signature

• 9 months later...
We just sailed on the Grand earlier this month. Was scheduled for the harbor tour in Long Beach but the tour was canceled and we were notified in our cabin when we boarded. So we visited the Queen Mary right next door instead. Admission is FREE with your cruise card.

Did a harbor tour in San Diego and saw all the Navy ships.

Rode the Trolley in Santa Barbara.

There is a link to pictures in my signature

We will be on the Coastal cruise on the Star this April and would like to visit the Queen Mary on our own. Was the free admission a courtesy to anyone on a Carnival owned cruise ship in dock on that day? I thought of ordering tickets online, but if they are free by showing your cruise card, I won't order them.

Thanks for the help.

We will be on the Coastal cruise on the Star this April and would like to visit the Queen Mary on our own. Was the free admission a courtesy to anyone on a Carnival owned cruise ship in dock on that day? I thought of ordering tickets online, but if they are free by showing your cruise card, I won't order them.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure exactly... I did call the ticket office at Queen Mary a couple of weeks ago and the person I spoke to suggested that they no longer do this anymore, but several folks have insisted here on cc that they still get in free - whether it is cunard, carnival, princess. So I'm waiting until I get there to purchase a ticket just in case it is free on the day we are there.