Obc

emeraldlover1

When I booked my cruise, there was $75 OBC from the travel agent and $50 from NCL. This is my first cruise on NCL. I have read that the travel agent credit will show up a day or two into the cruise, but shouldn't the NCL credit show somewhere on my docs?

I have been all over My NCL and printed out my documents, but it can't find it listed. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Sailing in 34 days!!!

Thanks,

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call your TA and get them to follow up... This OBC should have also been reflected on your Original Invoice.

Edit: the NCL - OBC should be clearly spelled out on your original invoice and final docs. The OBC from your TA should be in writing and noted in your Original invoice. Either of these not happening contact your TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

the OBC you get directly from NCL should be included in your docs or be view able when you look at your reservation at myncl

the TA OBC is a gift to you and will not be on NCL edocs or myncl. In your stateroom, they will be a card stating that OBC from the TA has been applied to your account

Thank you. I am waiting to hear back from my TA as I don't see the $50 on any of my documents.

Melissa

Was it on your original booking invoice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we are in the same boat, the TA promised $100 OBC, there is nothing on our invoice so I sent them an email with the screen shot of our advertised cruise, they confirmed we would get it and said to check my NCL 7 days before we depart as they said the date they are passed over depends on their sales target?? We have about 34 days to go.

I will keep checking and do as they say but it doesn't give you much confidence as in this digital age you expect it to be their straight away.

We booked with an online cruise company and are also concerned about our OBC. We received two separate OBC credits. Both appear on our invoice from the company but only one appears on our account summary for NCL. I called our agent twice and she insists that the other one will appear shortly before our cruise. However, our cruise is in 16 days and I really don't want to have to haggle with guest services when we get on the ship if it doesn't appear. I called NCL and they said to get it straightened out with our representative before we get on the ship. I'm concerned about whether I should trust the online cruise company.

Was it on your original booking invoice?

No, i just pulled up the invoice from the on-line TA, and it is not listed. But I booked during a promotion where NCL was offering OBC and Kids Sail Free back in early March.

Hoping to get it straightened out.

Melissa

NCL's OBC shows on vacation summary page, TA OBC shows on "booked items" a month or two before cruising.

That is the problem. Vacation Summary not showing it, and I am 33 days out. Booked items shows nothing either.

That is the problem. Vacation Summary not showing it, and I am 33 days out. Booked items shows nothing either.

As said above, its likely listed on the Amenity Confirmation.... which is not the "vacation summary" or the "booked items". Your TA should be able to easily explain this to you. Isn't this why you have a TA???!?

Edited by triptolemus

Yes, EmeraldLover, you need to call the TA to have NCL's OBC show in Vacation Summary, and when they call their own OBC in to NCL, it should show in Booked Items. Call the TA and tell them nothing is showing. Our OBC has always shown in these 2 places and we have never had an issue once onboard.

If you only get the amenties confirmation from your TA and it never appears in your NCL account, you may end up wasting time at Guest Services. Not how I want to spend my vacation.

Edited by mizlorinj

My last experience with online TA went great. Was promised $525 OBC and in my room on day one was one voucher of $100 and one for $25. What the voucher didn't say was quantity of 5 for the $100. It was all there. Got $525 from TA and $300 NCL. It all came together great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a message into the TA. If I don't hear back from them by Monday, I will call again and ask about the Amenity Invoice. I don't relish the idea of having to spend time at guest services either.

Melissa

We also booked with a very large online TA. Each time they sent an invoice (deposit inv initially, then final pymt inv) there was also an attachment for an amenities invoice. We also received an OBC from NCL. It can be a little tricky to find on NCL. Log into NCL then under "My Cruise Vacation" click on view reservation. This will take you to the "Get Ready To Cruise" section. Just above that, click on "Vacation Summary". The NCL obc should be listed on the left hand side next to "onboard spending". Right below that it will say "Money" and sometimes the TA obc will be listed there, however, ours never has been. I always print out the Amenity inv and take it with us. Have never had to use it though as the credits have always shown up in our cabin when we board or shortly thereafter.

We also booked with a very large online TA. Each time they sent an invoice (deposit inv initially, then final pymt inv) there was also an attachment for an amenities invoice. We also received an OBC from NCL. It can be a little tricky to find on NCL. Log into NCL then under "My Cruise Vacation" click on view reservation. This will take you to the "Get Ready To Cruise" section. Just above that, click on "Vacation Summary". The NCL obc should be listed on the left hand side next to "onboard spending". Right below that it will say "Money" and sometimes the TA obc will be listed there, however, ours never has been. I always print out the Amenity inv and take it with us. Have never had to use it though as the credits have always shown up in our cabin when we board or shortly thereafter.

Thank you. That really reassures me. I will definitely take my amenity invoice from the online TA just in case we need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this thread is several weeks old, but, I wanted to spell out something in regards to where to find your obc for TA or NCL. The TA obc shows up on our "amenity invoice" that has been attached to each payment inv we have received from them (dep inv and final pymt inv). The NCL obc showed up originally on our payment inv from the TA and also shows online on the NCL website under the vacation summary as "On-board spending" on the left side. Then we received two additional obc's from NCL because of price drops and they have shown up in two different places. The first showed up on a later amenity inv from when we upgraded our cabin. The second showed on the "booked items" section on ncl.com. I click like I'm going to print the booked items and it shows up at the end of that stuff.

So, several different places the obc could show. They sure don't make it easy to find, but, in the end it has all shown up. Of course the defining place will be on our account when we board the ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

I called the TA after my initial post. They told me I was all set and it would show up on NCL and not to worry. The Amenity Invoice they sent me just showed the code for the promotion with the $75.

Finally today, 6 days from cruising, it showed up on my NCL.

I also noticed the price had dropped, from what I paid. I don't know if I can call and see if they will do anything for me. I like the cabin I have been assigned and not sure I want to risk the possibility if having to go to a guaranty cabin.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

My $75 OBC from the TA never showed up in MYNCL, nor was there a note in my cabin. The only way I found out it was credited was by going to the desk once onboard. I did have an amenities sheet in case there was a problem.

Hello everyone, Have been following this thread...I'm having similar problem with my TA-for some reason they interchanged room assignment for 3-4 people(we are a group), so one person's husband is right now with someone else's wife. Ive been after my Ta but he's saying he's asked NCL to do this 3 weeks back and nothing has happened. According to the threads here, he should be the person doing this right? And we are sailing June 6th!!!

And I didn't know anything about 'ammenity Invoice' either. When should I get it? What is the use of it?

OBC (from TA) also doesn't show anywhere yet.

If prices drop after full payment whom do I contact if I want to ask for OBC/upgrades?

This TA is causing me sleepless nights.

Hello everyone, Have been following this thread...I'm having similar problem with my TA-for some reason they interchanged room assignment for 3-4 people(we are a group), so one person's husband is right now with someone else's wife. Ive been after my Ta but he's saying he's asked NCL to do this 3 weeks back and nothing has happened. According to the threads here, he should be the person doing this right? And we are sailing June 6th!!!

And I didn't know anything about 'ammenity Invoice' either. When should I get it? What is the use of it?

If prices drop after full payment whom do I contact if I want to ask for OBC/upgrades?

If you have some one else's wife in your cabin....I would be on the phone to NCL and bypass the TA on this issue! Frankly that is a bit more than a minor mistake. Express your outrage and that is exactly what I would call it. Your TA is not doing their job!

1 - I am getting many chuckles this morning about husband/wife surprise party. LOL!

2 - Amenity Invoice? You need something in writing in case it is not posted once you board. Even if in writing, if they do not have it, challenges will abound.

3 - Price Drops AFTER final payment? Scan though the few thousand postings here. You may or may not get something. Do not expect it though, and do not blame the TA over that.