Question about priority suite boarding.

We have an owner's suite and our daughter has an inside cabin for our May 25th Navigator cruise. The reservations are linked together. I'm hoping she will be able to board with us. Anyone know for sure? :confused:

They will usually allow the entire party to stay together. If not, wait 5 minutes and board with your daughter. Priority boarding is not a big deal.

They will usually allow the entire party to stay together. If not, wait 5 minutes and board with your daughter. Priority boarding is not a big deal.

Since this is our first suite, it's a big deal to us! :D:D:D

There is no separate security for suites at Galveston. Not sure about priority boarding as we arrived late. We had the exact same situation and others on here told us we would be out of luck. So we didn't try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not lucky enough to be in an owners suite

But have any idea if they give some sort of priority boarding to military?

Make sure you check for a military discount on your cruise.

We have an owner's suite and our daughter has an inside cabin for our May 25th Navigator cruise. The reservations are linked together. I'm hoping she will be able to board with us. Anyone know for sure? :confused:

We enjoy sailing in an OS and the perks are great! You will love it! Enjoy!

What does priorty boarding consist of.? In our experience, the only difference we have seen (at Port Everglades) is a seperate check in line.

We are sailing next week in an OS. Should I expect anything more?

What does priorty boarding consist of.? In our experience, the only difference we have seen (at Port Everglades) is a seperate check in line.

Priority boarding means you get to board before those without priority boarding. After you check in, you will be directed to a seating area that will be called to board first.

Once general boarding has started, there's no more priority boarding. Everyone just walks onto the ship as soon as they check-in.

You need to really investigate the "secret" door, depending which terminal in Port Everglades you are sailing out of. There will usually be a sign for a separate Suite entrance. This is to get on the security line which is usually the one that matters. Yes, once you pass security, there are lines for specific decks, lines for Gold, lines for Platinum, Emerald, D, D+ an Pinnicales & Suites. Once you get through security the lines sort of dissipate. Often the deck line is shorter than the "priority" suite line.

If you arrive prior to the ship opening for boarding, there again it will help being in a Suite. You will sit in a separate section and board first when boarding opens.

Therefore IMHO, the only benefit I've ever encountered is finding that suite door from the outside that leads to security. Its really not evident in many ports. BTW, Miami told us there was no Suite Entrance by RCI staff manning the lines outside and the lines were crazy due to RCI telling us not to come to the port due to delayed boarding. I walked around the line just to check and sure enough there was a small sign for Suites at the far left. We were in an owners suite. I called my family via cell phone to meet me by the door. Miami doesn't typically have anything other than the Majesty, so they may not have known better when the Adventure docked there.

Thxs for reply.

After checking in next week, I will ask to sit in special area. I didn't know they had one..

Last Dec., we were in a RFS--boarding was delayed til 1:30 and we waited with everyone else

You need to really investigate the "secret" door, depending which terminal in Port Everglades you are sailing out of. There will usually be a sign for a separate Suite entrance. This is to get on the security line which is usually the one that matters. .

Can you give more info on this please, which terms. and location of the door.

Can you give more info on this please, which terms. and location of the door.

As I mentioned it will depend on which terminal in Port Everglades. some are clearly marked and others just have a separate roped area that is often hidden because the regular line is very long. I can't always keep my terminal straight (cruise too much and do not always have suite access).

But my advice to anyone in a suite is, don't necessarily get in the long with everyone line. Walk towards the front and see where the suite signage is. One of the PEV terminals has a double door that is kept closed so unless you are right on top of it, you will miss it. Because the regular folks who are standing in line are blocking its view. Its not far from the main entrance though.