Gratuitys are they included in the price RCL?

A co-worker of mine is to planning a 3-4 day cruise after Chirstmas. He has never been on a cruise before. I suggested Majesty of the Seas since he wanted to go to NASA and they like the beach. Love the ship and have been on it three times.

Last summer we went on Carnival and got in before the price included the tips. Trying to walk him through all the pricing.

Does RCLs cruise pricing now include the gratuitys?

Edited by Maeshel

The price does NOT include gratuities.

Gratuities can be paid in advance and added to your final payment. (If you select My Time Dining, instead of traditional dining, you MUST pay gratuities in advance).

Otherwise, the gratuities will be added to your onboard account, like a daily service charge.

Edited by DonnaK

Majesty would be the last ship I would recommend to a first time cruiser and I too have sailed her many times. She is the oldest RCI sailing. If your friend is coming to Florida to board a ship, there are so many better ships that offer so much more.

For a first time cruiser on RCI, I would recommend one of the four nighter (if you feel a shorter cruise is best -there are many Thurs to Mon). With all the redeployment I'm not sure if a Freedom class is still sailing from Port Everglades. If Liberty or Independence is sailing during their timeframe that is best.

A co-worker of mine is to planning a 3-4 day cruise after Chirstmas. He has never been on a cruise before. I suggested Majesty of the Seas since he wanted to go to NASA and they like the beach. Love the ship and have been on it three times.

Last summer we went on Carnival and got in before the price included the tips. Trying to walk him through all the pricing.

You would want Enchantment or Freedom out of Port Canaveral to be near NASA.

Edited by clarea

Not sure what you mean by you got in before the price included the tips on Carnival, but as others have stated, no, tips are not included.

Have cruised on CCL many times but never had tips included in the price unless you told the booking agent at the time of booking that you wanted to prepay your tips ahead of time.

Bill

The price does NOT include gratuities.

Gratuities can be paid in advance and added to your final payment. (If you select My Time Dining, instead of traditional dining, you MUST pay gratuities in advance).

Otherwise, the gratuities will be added to your onboard account, like a daily service charge.

Thank you. This will help me direct him.

He asked about Carnival. Told him my highlight is evening meal and felt Carnival's main diningroom left me down compared to RCL.

Will work with him. Thank you again.

Majesty would be the last ship I would recommend to a first time cruiser and I too have sailed her many times. She is the oldest RCI sailing. If your friend is coming to Florida to board a ship, there are so many better ships that offer so much more.

For a first time cruiser on RCI, I would recommend one of the four nighter (if you feel a shorter cruise is best -there are many Thurs to Mon). With all the redeployment I'm not sure if a Freedom class is still sailing from Port Everglades. If Liberty or Independence is sailing during their timeframe that is best.

We will check them out. Want to advise a 1st timer good.

Majesty: loved

Navigator: loved

Granduer: I wouldn't reccomend. By far, my least favorite RCL cruise

We took my In laws on majesty for their first cruise last year and they loved it!

We spent a lot of time debating what the best fit would be for a first timer. We decided that length, the fact we were in port every day in case they wanted to get off the ship (and also in case they didn't do well sea sickness wise:rolleyes:) and also the value for money (in case they didn't enjoy we didn't feel like they had overspent compared to pricier short cruises) was a perfect balance. Yes it is older, but the food was some of the best we have had recently on RC, especially the MDR.

The other thing we were concerned with was being a short cruise they would have issues getting to grips with life onboard a larger ship, and that larger ships as an introduction would be too overwhelming for them, especially when trying to cram everything in as they have never experienced anything the ships have to offer before, so we knew they would want to do everything.

At the end of the day ships are peoples personal preferences. The downside to the majesty is only JS and above have balconies and they are pretty pricy at times, but they are very good value for money options to "try out" cruising on that ship.