Drink Package-how did you like it?

Yes, tap iced water and iced tea available at MDR at dinner. Not sure about lunch as we always just hit Windjammer or get something while in port.

Thank goodness for that. I like to have a glass of water to hydrate after my glasses of wine:cool::cool:

Are you able to get cans of soda to bring back to your room with any of the drink packages? It doesn't include what is in the mini fridge in your cabin, does it? I like to have soda in my room so I usually bring a case or a few bottles on board with me.

Are you able to get cans of soda to bring back to your room with any of the drink packages? It doesn't include what is in the mini fridge in your cabin, does it? I like to have soda in my room so I usually bring a case or a few bottles on board with me.

No, no cans of soda with any of the packages. It is either fountain soda from the bars or in your souvenir cup from the freestyle machines. (assuming your ship has the freestyle machine)

The items in the mini fridge are not included.

I've just had the Premium Package on Freedom. I did the maths and decided it would probably work for me, and pre-paid before the cruise - after that I deliberately didn't count drinks to check I was getting my money's worth and as a result enjoyed the convenience of it, plus it's nice to just have that extra drink without thinking you've got to pay for it. I tried lots of different beers, went for some of the more expensive wines with dinner, had the odd cocktail, $10 Champagne at the very nice Champagne bar, and spirits as a nightcap? However I also enjoyed the Freestyle soda machines during the day, and picked up bottles of water every time I went back to my cabin. I think I got good value for money, and tried lots of drinks that wouldn't have been possible on lower packages and would definitely choose this again.

• 2 months later...
Can someone please post a link to the correct (and current) page which details the drink packages and their cost. I have found conflicting RCI pages. Wish they would update their web site.

Many thanks.:confused:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I am very interested in the Premium package, maybe even the ultimate on the cruise I'm taking with other family members in 2015. (Liberty of the Seas - 9 day Caribbean cruise in June)

Can you get a drink somewhere and bring it to your room, say to enjoy on your balcony? I'd love to be able to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony for instance.

We'll be driving to Port Liberty, so I'm going to ensure every stateroom brings 2 bottles of wine -- that might be my solution, but I might want to try a mixed drink or other drink on the package.

Do all staterooms have a refrigerator? We'll be in superior staterooms with balcony.

I went through all replies to this thread first, hope I didn't miss the answers if they've already been posted. Thank you -- you are all so helpful!

I am very interested in the Premium package, maybe even the ultimate on the cruise I'm taking with other family members in 2015. (Liberty of the Seas - 9 day Caribbean cruise in June)

Can you get a drink somewhere and bring it to your room, say to enjoy on your balcony? I'd love to be able to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony for instance.

We'll be driving to Port Liberty, so I'm going to ensure every stateroom brings 2 bottles of wine -- that might be my solution, but I might want to try a mixed drink or other drink on the package.

Do all staterooms have a refrigerator? We'll be in superior staterooms with balcony.

I went through all replies to this thread first, hope I didn't miss the answers if they've already been posted. Thank you -- you are all so helpful!

All staterooms on Liberty have a cooler. You can take a drink anywhere on the ship, including your stateroom.

Edited by clarea

when did they start adding the 15% on top of he $55 a day? I got sticker shock when I added the packages to my cruise the other day....:mad:

I'd say they changed the policy about 2-3 months ago.

The old $55 per day package is now $49 per day plus 15%, or $56.35 per day.

I'd say they changed the policy about 2-3 months ago.

The old $55 per day package is now $49 per day plus 15%, or $56.35 per day.

oh, it didn't come up like that. ill check it out again.

'nother question. we don't like screwdrivers, mimosas, or bloody marys. any suggestions for morning beverages? I like to start my day right

'nother question. we don't like screwdrivers, mimosas, or bloody marys. any suggestions for morning beverages? I like to start my day right

Long Island Iced Tea.

Bellini - it's similar to a Mimosa but with peach :)

Nice large cold glass of water to cleanse the palette for the hard day of drinking ahead.:D:D:D