What does the kids' scavenger hunt involve?

GrandmaHofmann

I have never traveled with kids, but I have seen the kids participating in the scavenger hunts. Generally there are 3 or 4 or more kids in a group. It always looks like they are having a great time. It looks really fun to me.

They go in groups (no camp counselor with them, at least not Circle C), and take pictures of things people as required by the scavenger hunt. I saw our daughter walking along having an absolute blast doing it! The counselor told them to be back by a certain time and must stay together.

I am a paranoid type parent, but our daughter is pretty mature for our age so we trust her and they were with a group of probably 8 or so other kids and I had no problem with it.

Our daughter has done this in Circle C also. Had a great time each time. Like others have said groups of 3 or 4 depending on how many are in Circle C on your particular sailing. Taking pictures of random things around the boat that they have on their list.

There was a group of 4 girls, I would say pre-teens that walked up to my husband and asked would he sign their paper for "Hawaiian shirt". His shirt was not technically Hawaiian, but he signed anyway because it was the same style...and they REALLY wanted to win :)

Our son did it when he was 9 and passed us while hunting. He stopped to say hi and went right back on his hunt. But my son is mature for his age and he was with other campers

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

We helped a group of girls in their scavenger hunt when they came out on the Lido deck.....they were a little shy not wanting to bother people and they returned after their hunt excited to show us their winning medals!

There was a group of 4 girls, I would say pre-teens that walked up to my husband and asked would he sign their paper for "Hawaiian shirt". His shirt was not technically Hawaiian, but he signed anyway because it was the same style...and they REALLY wanted to win :)

My husband signed for a group of young boys for wearing eye glasses.

Edited by reno3

My favorite on our last cruise was finding a member of the entertainment staff...they found the cruise director! LOL. He not only signed, he gave them tips for their next few items!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

My twin daughters participated in one and ran into me on the Promenade deck. One daughter asked if we still had a FunTimes from the previous day and I told her where it could be found in our cabin... She left to go get it and I stood with the rest of the kids and chatted about what items they were still looking for...

One of the boys on their team asked if they could get a picture with me and I said "Sure!"... About that time my daughter returned with the prior day FunTimes and they exclaimed they had just checked 2 items off the list ... I asked what that was... "We got the FunTimes.... And a picture with AN OLD GUY"... And off they dashed in search of their next item (leaving me aghast in their wake... LOL!)

Note, I'm in my mid 40's....

On our cruise last year there were 5 in a group and they asked my husband to take a pic and sign for having a mixed grey moustache/beard. I saw one of them the next day and they said it was alot of fun. Don't know if they won or not. They are never sent alone. What fun would that be. Also not safe.

the kids have a blast. they are given a list to look for and people have to sign thier list. ie lady in a yellow bikini. someone wearing flip flops, it is easy for them to get thier list signed. they do it in groups and they are so excited and some say just sign here. they approach you quickly and then they are a blur. they move fast. It is actually quite funny watching them having such a good time and so excited . i would not worry there is a lot of staff around that know what the kids are doing and will direct them.

Part of the fun is beng for them to do this by themselves, I would not go with your child as you would stand out like a sore thumb you would more than likely the only parent there

The one my daughters did last week was an autograph hunt, they had to get autographs from crew members from as many countries as possible. My girls are 9 and 11, we gave them permission to sign themselves out of camp only for the scavenger hunt and they had a blast! Their group was 4 total and they stayed in the main areas of the ship, this hunt was on the last sea day so by then they all felt comfortable with all of the locations on the ship.

We also participated in the Conquest amazing race, which was just a scavenger hunt around the ship, we did this one as a family and had a blast! (Make sure you have your camera!)

The kids club also scheduled a family scavenger hunt but after we saw the tasks on the list we decided not to do it. We are all for the hunt and finding items but were not interested in tasks like organizing Congo lines on lido, shoving icecream in a team members face and stuff like that! The tasks really seemed to be things that would just be a nuisance instead of a search for certain items!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son has done it, always in a group and always taking pics of whatever they are supposed to find. His favorite (and mine) was on the Dream Oct 2013 when they had to take as many pics as they could of people doing something silly. When I loaded the cruise pictures to the computer from his phone I laughed and laughed. People posed, made silly faces, everyone really went out of their way to be silly for him. He probably had a 100 pictures of goofy people. FYI...for those who let a kid take a goofy pic of you....I saved them all...:p

My 10yo didn't do the kids scavenger hunt, but all of my kids did the "everyone" digital scavenger hunt along with our friends as a part of 2 teams. They had a blast and one of our teams won. Some of the things that they remember from it:

Smiling security guard, bar tender, waitress or waiter ( 3 total)

Guy in girl's swimsuit ( one of the team members took the hit)

Wall of TV's

The whale tale ( it was a code to figure out, something about a funnel)

A statue ( mermaid on dream) <- this may have been a code

a pyramid of people

people playing ping pong

"speak hear see no evil " ( people doing all 3)

A british crew member

a kid going down a slide ( all teams seemed to get a pic of the same kid)

My 13yo did one at Circle C which included :

Kid under 2yo - they found on in Gathering who's Dad was asleep and he was wandering around =(

A picture of one team member with thier mom

A team member going down the slide

A team picture

Things that started with certain letters of the alphabet

We can't remember any more. But if a group of kids ever comes running past you.... try not to get mad. They are probably trying to make it back to the club before the scavenger hunt deadline :o

On the Breeze last year a group of 4 or 5 girls about 11 or 12 years old approached us on the promanade deck looking for someone with a certain hat or sun glasses etc. Looks like good clean fun for kids or adults. I think its organized so the kids can make friends in the progression of the game with their teammates. I wouldn't think twice about letting a child of that age participate.