Is the entire promenade deck open 24/7 on the Star?

mattR

Is the entire promenade deck open 24/7 on the Star? I booked my wife a Obstructed OV cabin guarantee and unfortunately she got what I paid for:) E214 which looks to have the promenade deck right outside her window when it goes up from 7 to 8 for the wrap around the bow. Wondering if they close down the front portion of the promenade during the night or not? I already told her make sure you close your blinds when it's dark outside!

Is the entire promenade deck open 24/7 on the Star? I booked my wife a Obstructed OV cabin guarantee and unfortunately she got what I paid for:) E214 which looks to have the promenade deck right outside her window when it goes up from 7 to 8 for the wrap around the bow. Wondering if they close down the front portion of the promenade during the night or not? I already told her make sure you close your blinds when it's dark outside!

Yes, the upper Promenade is closed at night... Also those windows are mirrored, so unless someone puts their face right against it, they won't be able to see in, but I'd keep the sheers closed anyway...:p

No......

The location of E214 the window is even with lifeboats and is a good 10ft off the promanade deck (deck 7). More forward the deck goes up stairs and evens out with those few cabins on the upper portion of the Promenade deck.

E214 is 13 cabins back from the first upper Emerald deck cabin thats even with the walk around deck.

People will not be able to see in unless they hold a place in Ripleys.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes, the front part is closed at night, but also often at other times during rougher weather.

It was open at night when the Star was in port in Honolulu until 11pm. But that was the only time at night during a 15 day cruise.

Not to worry :) The Star is great!

No......

The location of E214 the window is even with lifeboats and is a good 10ft off the promanade deck (deck 7). More forward the deck goes up stairs and evens out with those few cabins on the upper portion of the Promenade deck.

I don't think that's correct. There are a few OV cabins along the very first lifeboat that are on the upper section of Promenade Deck before the stairs down to the main Promenade level. It appears that cabin E214 is one of those. Here's a photo I took along that stretch. You can see one of the cabin windows in the photo:

2783277300_6a5e852242_z.jpg?zz=1Star Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo

I don't think that's correct. There are a few OV cabins along the very first lifeboat that are on the upper section of Promenade Deck before the stairs down to the main Promenade level. It appears that cabin E214 is one of those. Here's a photo I took along that stretch. You can see one of the cabin windows in the photo:

2783277300_6a5e852242_z.jpg?zz=1Star Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

That looks like the case but the window is much higher off the deck then the forward upper cabins who's windows are waist level. It appears one would have to be fairly tall to even see in.

Don't think that privacy will be an issue there.

Even at night anyone can access the closed off forward section by heading out the doors on either side of the ship all the way forward on Emerald deck.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

That looks like the case but the window is much higher off the deck then the forward upper cabins who's windows are waist level. It appears one would have to be fairly tall to even see in.

Don't think that privacy will be an issue there.

Even at night anyone can access the closed off forward section by heading out the doors on either side of the ship all the way forward on Emerald deck.

You are correct that there are doors at the forward end of the Emerald deck hallways that allow access to the Emerald deck portion of the Promenade deck, but I doubt many people are aware of those doors, until now that is :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser