Still no Excursions :(

CarnieAddict

Here is in part an email I received from a contact (:cool: lol) in the shore excursion department:

Unfortunately, it’s not nearly as simple as that. :)

Rest assured the securing of allocation is already in process, but 2015 shore excursions (including FttF) have not yet started to get released online.

This is a current (large) work in progress. First of all, you may not be aware, but note not all of the 2015 sailings themselves have even been released yet. Then, all the 100's of different independent tour operators will have to compile their scheduling and equipment availability, taking into consideration all ships, not just Carnival’s, for each date, to then provide their departure allocation departure times and ticket maximums to be supplied to us for us to then load. Further, different home ports, time zones, Daylight Saving Time, etc., are all also considered before loading.

You should start seeing availability (depending on the port, the ship, and the particular sailing) for 2015 sailings starting from May onwards. With new dates, new IDs loaded as received, daily. Please feel free to start to check back then.

I then asked about FTTF availability as above shouldn't affect it as it is all "in house", but not yet received a reply. Maybe planning to release all together?

I then asked about FTTF availability as above shouldn't affect it as it is all "in house", but not yet received a reply. Maybe planning to release all together?

Yes, 'all in house' but remember, FTTF is dependent on the number of Platinum/Diamond who are booked. May take a little longer than May for them to have a feel for those numbers.

After I seeing this current thread, When does Carnival release schedules for 2015? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001208

I would not be too optimistic about shore excursions ready any time soon :rolleyes:

Bummer.

But I imagine they'll need the horse in place, before setting up any kind of cart. ;)

(btw, I received a reply about FTTF question, "...they'll be timing their release around same time to prevent confusion..." ) Sigh. See you in June, Folks! :p

After I seeing this current thread, When does Carnival release schedules for 2015? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001208

I would not be too optimistic about shore excursions ready any time soon :rolleyes:

Bummer.

But I imagine they'll need the horse in place, before setting up any kind of cart. ;)

(btw, I received a reply about FTTF question, "...they'll be timing their release around same time to prevent confusion..." ) Sigh. See you in June, Folks! :p

Well, as much as I want the 2015 excursions out, June will be much better for me since will be on vacation in May and pretty much away from my computers.

We are doing the Valor our of PR in March and no excursions for us yet either.

On a positive note, I have found all kinds of private excursions at good rates in the meantime! I will probably be booking those as I can find a diving excursions for $110 that includes transportation and a refund policy that covers the ship missing port. Our last cruise, Carnivals diving excursion was $175, the ended up cancelling our port and instead of a refund, we got OBC.

We still don't have excursions for all the ports for the Splendor repo. on 11/1/14. They have said they should have them all about 3 months before sailing, so I am figuring around July. It's hard for me to be patient, but I understand with uncommon ports, they have to get them all arranged and that's probably a lot of work. :)

hazelroo, just be careful when making private excursions for the future in case the ports change so you don't lose any money. Have a repo on the Pride next March and they changed one of the ports yesterday.

Timmy, me too... patience is not virtuous in me :)

Steve

It is really far out for planning 2015 excursions so I don't mind waiting for them to be listed. it is not as if they will be sold out on the first day soooo we can just think about possibilities until Carnival comes out with their list.

Booking with a private company this far out would not be something I'd do especially if they want a deposit!:eek:

Same problem on our Feb 2015 Splendor cruise. Guess we need to be patient - not exactly my strong suit. :rolleyes:

On same cruise as you! When I go onto the shore excursion part of my booking, it just does nothing - just cycles and cycles without loading. Thought something was wrong with my computer, till I tried my work computer and it did the same thing. I have never seen that before. I usually book some excursions as soon as I book my cruise. They must really be doing some hard negotiating with the vendors.

On same cruise as you! When I go onto the shore excursion part of my booking, it just does nothing - just cycles and cycles without loading. Thought something was wrong with my computer, till I tried my work computer and it did the same thing. I have never seen that before. I usually book some excursions as soon as I book my cruise. They must really be doing some hard negotiating with the vendors.

Ditto with the Freedom repo February cruise. I've just been looking at the general list of excursions to tide me over. :)

Same problem on our Feb 2015 Splendor cruise. Guess we need to be patient - not exactly my strong suit. :rolleyes:

Don't have much patience either Timmy, I just keep checking every day and hope to see them pretty soon. I've booked cruises over a year in advance before and didn't have to wait this long. They must be having trouble finalizing the excursions I guess

No excuse for me complaining about excursions not showing up yet since we don't cruise until Sept 2015, but I need something to keep me busy, so I keep checking. Don't want to miss FTTF when or if it shows up.

We are doing the Valor our of PR in March and no excursions for us yet either.

On a positive note, I have found all kinds of private excursions at good rates in the meantime! I will probably be booking those as I can find a diving excursions for $110 that includes transportation and a refund policy that covers the ship missing port. Our last cruise, Carnivals diving excursion was $175, the ended up cancelling our port and instead of a refund, we got OBC.

We are sailing the valor September of 2015, which excursions have you looked into?

We are sailing the valor September of 2015, which excursions have you looked into?

A smaller catamaran tour/snorkel in Barbados, Shasa Catamaran. I read about it in one of the reviews that were recently posted. 5 hours, lunch and drinks for $90.

Diving for my husband in St. Kitts and St. Maarten....I just googled them and can't think of the name right now. They both work with cruise ships and are pretty reasonably priced

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

A smaller catamaran tour/snorkel in Barbados, Shasa Catamaran. I read about it in one of the reviews that were recently posted. 5 hours, lunch and drinks for $90.

Diving for my husband in St. Kitts and St. Maarten....I just googled them and can't think of the name right now. They both work with cruise ships and are pretty reasonably priced

Sounds great! We were looking for a catamaran tour besides the carnival offered excursion on St Kitts, but have had no luck.

Sounds great! We were looking for a catamaran tour besides the carnival offered excursion on St Kitts, but have had no luck.

I am booking really far out. I just got an email from Shasa, we are the only two booked and he needs a min of 5 for the 5 hr tour. If we don't get 5 signed up, we can do the 3 hrs with just the two of us....which would be fine with me :) I am sure we'll find two more by next March.

Good luck on your excursions!

I was hoping to book something early so that I could show our daughter some on-shore things to get excited about. If I can find a dolphin encounter on Nassau or Grand Turk, I think it would be something she'll talk about for years!

Good to see someone else on our cruise. Feel free to join the Roll Call I started. Looking forward to meeting up with some new friends.