WOW $ Off promotion?

I was speaking with a TA today about my options as I was thinking of having them take over my Booking. I have decided that the small perk isn't worth having to have a middle man, however while we were chatting she mentioned a promotion that supposedly started today, the WOW $ off or something similar. She said to make sure I asked them to look into it after i transferred my booking as it would save me $150 as far as she could see. I went on RCI.com and can't see anything about it...does anyone know what she was talking about?!? I am on hold with RCI (39 min and counting :() but was wondering if anyone on here had an idea? Thanks so much!

The Buy One Get Half Off on the Second applies to both new booking and existing bookings.

I suggest you call RCI and get the price drop yourself.

Working through a T/A is no problem is you have a good one! YES! you lose some control of you booking but I have learned to live with that.

The primary reason I deal with a T/A is that they almost always have a block of cabins reserved that you and I cannot see if we go into the RCI Web Site. And they are good cabins too.

Do you think you get 1/2 off 2nd person of an existing cruise, if the cruise is in 2014?

No, the cruise has to be in 2015 or 2016, and does not include Anthem and Quantum.

It states for NEW bookings only! But I am going to call because I are in the other thread everybody is getting adjustments for their existing!

Edited by bigque

Those with existing bookings are making out on this deal but looking at new bookings there is something fishy going on. Gives you one price when you sign into the website and it changes and goes up if you enter a C&A number. Price of 1st person jumps substantially and 2nd person is half of that. Take out the C&A number and you get standard rates. Rates are same for both person and total is exactly the same as the supposed 50% off promotion to the penny. In short, there is no deal. Did this on multiple cruises and its exactly the same cost in the end.:mad:

It states for NEW bookings only! But I am going to call because I are in the other thread everybody is getting adjustments for their existing!

Definitely call, I got a great deal on my existing booking and I am a solo. There are a lot of price drops in addition to the BOGOHO offer. good luck to you. The hold times are long but it may be worth it.

I just went to the website and did a booking for the same cruise I booked for February

7, 2015 on the Jewel OTS. When I booked an E2 cabin last week the cost was $899 CDN with the total price being $1,946. The price today for an E2 cabin is $1,219.00, with the 50% off ($613.00) the total is $1,977.:eek:

Those with existing bookings are making out on this deal but looking at new bookings there is something fishy going on. Gives you one price when you sign into the website and it changes and goes up if you enter a C&A number. Price of 1st person jumps substantially and 2nd person is half of that. Take out the C&A number and you get standard rates. Rates are same for both person and total is exactly the same as the supposed 50% off promotion to the penny. In short, there is no deal. Did this on multiple cruises and its exactly the same cost in the end.:mad:

Well stated, no deal here. Wanted to take advantage of this promotion and book something for 2015 but cannot find anything that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well I did all the math before I called after seeing the price of the first person had actually gone up from my initial booking. With the 50% off the second person it gave me a savings of $250.00 which I took. It works for me! :cool:

Well stated, no deal here. Wanted to take advantage of this promotion and book something for 2015 but cannot find anything that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have to disagree. I have been researching prices on Oasis and Allure. Cheapest I found for past Oasis OV balcony was $800 + fees. I am C&A gold and past military. Just booked D6 for $725 + fees. Total was $1679 for two people, Eastern Carib. That is an OV balcony on Oasis for $103/day.

I was able to save a bunch of money on our Feb 2015 Vision cruise. We have a GS booked and saved $1,010. :eek:

It was interesting, because not only is the second person 50% off, but it also caused the Cruise Care trip insurance cost for that person to be 50% reduced too. Something I wouldn't even have thought about if the great C & A rep wouldn't have told me.

We also were able to keep the $100 OBC from an open booking cert I used to originally book with. I would have forfeited the OBC for that amount of savings, if I would have had to rebook, but keeping it was certainly nice.

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

Edited by Dan-P

just looked at FOS for April 2015 and could book 2 cabins 1 inside the other a Promenade room for $80 a day. On another site it is over $1000 more. I think there are some mistakes right now grab them will you can.

I was able to save a bunch of money on our Feb 2015 Vision cruise. We have a GS booked and saved $1,010. :eek:

It was interesting, because not only is the second person 50% off, but it also caused the Cruise Care trip insurance cost for that person to be 50% reduced too. Something I wouldn't even have thought about if the great C & A rep wouldn't have told me.

We also were able to keep the $100 OBC from an open booking cert I used to originally book with. I would have forfeited the OBC for that amount of savings, if I would have had to rebook, but keeping it was certainly nice.

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

Same here but I didn't realize it till they emailed my new invoice. :cool:

Sorry, I don't speak / read very well English.... I'm from Europe.

This promotion are still valid? Where I can found it? I booked a B2B2B cruise from 26 December 2014 to 8 January 2015 with Mariner from Singapore (first two legs solo cruise, then the last I share cabin with friend).

If possible I will save some money but I have to notify at my Travel agency (online USA agency) and so they eventually can change the price for me.... it's correct?

Someone can help me with suggestion please? Thankyou so much!

Edited by Sole

Sorry, I don't speak / read very well English.... I'm from Europe.

This promotion are still valid? Where I can found it? I booked a B2B2B cruise from 26 December 2014 to 8 January 2015 with Mariner from Singapore (first two legs solo cruise, then the last I share cabin with friend).

If possible I will save some money but I have to notify at my Travel agency (online USA agency) and so they eventually can change the price for me.... it's correct?

Someone can help me with suggestion please? Thankyou so much!

Yes, you must contact your travel agency and ask for them to check for a lower price on your 2015 cruises. The promotion only applies to cruises that start in 2015 and 2016.

Edited by clarea

We had booked on board the ship a couple weeks ago. The price had gone up but we still got 422 back and kept the onboard credit. Probably not a perfect system, but since we go every year pretty much and do the rebook, I might as well take advantage of the lower cost. We have a 7 night spring break planned for 2016...total with insurance under 3k for the four of us (panoramic OV). Yowza! Of course putting down the deposit was brutal, but it's still a rocking deal for something we likely would have done anyway.

We sail in JS' s, and had 2 booked in 2015, and 1 in 2016. Our wonderful

cruise agent called to tell us he had saved us big bucks, and he was sending us

new paperwork. We had been gone all day, and we didn't know about the sale.

All together, our savings amounted to just a few dollars less than $5,000!!!

We were so happy, and it was a very nice thing since we have had a pretty

crummy 3 months.

That was definitely a reason to have a wonderful cruise agent!

Can you use a next cruise cert with this sale?

If you are referring to the 50% off the second guest promo, then you can use your Next Cruise cert and get OBC plus a balcony discount if eligible.

The prices on line are adjusted to reflect the promo.