Price Protection form no longer giving warm fuzzies?

cvpends

It used to be that whenever I filled out a Price Protection form, I would receive an e-mail saying

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We wanted to let you know we received your email. Our team will be processing requests in the order received so please bear with us as email volumes are quite heavy right now. Once your request has been serviced, there is no need to contact us as we will send you a confirmation (or an email response) within 7 days.

Thank you for your patience. We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

Last night, I filled out the form (and yes, everything was in the correct format and all the information was correct) and did not receive any e-mail from Carnival. Have they stopped offering warm fuzzies? Or is anyone still receiving the e-mailed confirmation that the request was received?

The last time I filled one out, I did not receive an e-mail, BUT, a couple of hours later, I checked my "manage my cruises" and the OBC was there already. :)

It's too bad that they stopped the auto response because then you knew for sure that it went through.

Where do you see the OBC in the Manage My Cruises page?

If you don't see it on the main page under my billing once you are logged in go to view cruise documents. Chose print general information and scroll down and there should be a box with it listed.

Geez...to add insult to injury, after not getting any warm fuzzies last night, this morning I woke up to find that the price protection for one of my three identically booked cabins -- all booked Early Saver -- was approved, and the price protection for the other two WAS DENIED :eek: As a teacher, the first chance I had to call was after school, at which time I was told that the department that could help me had closed at 2:30 California time, and I could call back on Monday. What kind of a business closes at 2:30 California time :confused:

Since the OBC should have been $120 per cabin, I guess I'll be on the phone early Monday morning.

...meanwhile, I've resubmitted the forms...let's see what happens over the weekend (does anyone monitor the forms over the weekend?)

How annoying that only one of the three went thru...

I am working with a TA so I can't even submit myself. And his speed is not dazzling me. I started taking screen shots in case the rate changes before he gets to it....

(I have had four price drops already, I am sure he is sick of hearing from me.)

Last Friday I had a price drop, which did get submitted Saturday around 5PM. The OBC wasn't visible until Sunday late night.

So, while the price drop part may be monitored, don't get too worked up if the OBC doesn't show right away, they are different departments, apparently.

Edited by turning40withMickey

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good news is I got that last situation all worked out by phoning Carnival on a weekday morning.

The bad news is it's broken again...as far as I can tell. I'm trying to submit a new form and nothing at all appears to happen when I press "SUBMIT." I've tried a couple of different webbrowsers. Anyone have a workaround?

Same thing happened (or more aptly, didn't happen) to me too as far as clicking on "submit" button and nothing happening. I ended up calling the 800 number and was told that their system is compatible with Internet Explorer so I should try that. My response was that I don't like I.E., so haven't used it for years, and been submitting Price Protection forms from Safari and Chrome in the past with no issues. I hung up, called customer service again and got a rep who helped me out over the phone with my price reductions.

Same thing happened (or more aptly, didn't happen) to me too as far as clicking on "submit" button and nothing happening. I ended up calling the 800 number and was told that their system is compatible with Internet Explorer so I should try that. My response was that I don't like I.E., so haven't used it for years, and been submitting Price Protection forms from Safari and Chrome in the past with no issues. I hung up, called customer service again and got a rep who helped me out over the phone with my price reductions.

LOL, I had to call back twice to talk to two different people also. But in the end it was worth it, because I thought I was getting $120 per cabin but it turned out to be $120 per person, so for six of us that added up!

After my computer refused to submit the forms earlier tonight, I tried my husband's computer, and the forms submitted without trouble. I used IE on his machine, which is what I had used on mine. Argh.

Anyway, more good news: The price protection was approved already! So that's ANOTHER $240 per cabin. So with my shareholder's credit we now have a total of $1,540.00 in OBC's! After grumbling for month after month that I thought our price would NEVER drop, I'm a happy camper now :D

Edited by cvpends