create own drinks

I dont see that this has been asked before. But lets say you have a drink you like thats not on the menu but its very basic to make. will they make it for you ?

I dont see that this has been asked before. But lets say you have a drink you like thats not on the menu but its very basic to make. will they make it for you ?

I believe so, like most other bar situations, and as long as they have the required liquors/ingredients. Last time we lunched at Giovanni's Table, on Allure, I asked for an Aperol Fizz, since I saw the bottle of Aperol on our way into the restaurant. They happily complied, though I don't believe that is on any drink menu on board.

Mind if I ask which drink(s) you had in mind, if you did? It may also depend on the bartender, whether he or she has the training/knowledge to comply with your request. I have often had to walk a bartender through the making of a drink, even in NYC/Manhattan (the borough, not the cocktail).

Absolutely. They will also make drinks up on the spot for you (or at least it felt like he was and what he made wasn't on any of the menus). I couldn't decide, so I told him that I didn't like Midori or Campari and to make me something lovely. I got the best drinks that way.

I'm not OP, but my personal "specific drink that I haven't seen on drink menus" would be a Negroni. Do they carry Campari on RCI? I'm sure they carry vermouth, for martinis.

They have both Campari and, as mentioned Aperol. If you like Campari and haven't tried Aperol, it's not quite as bitter and has a bit of an orange character with rhubarb. It's sweeter, and makes a nice drink with equal parts gin, dry vermouth, and Aperol.

We just sailed with a gentleman who liked mint juleps. He walked the bartender through the mixology process. And afterward, the barkeep thanked him for teaching her a new drink. Top notch service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just sailed with a gentleman who liked mint juleps. He walked the bartender through the mixology process. And afterward, the barkeep thanked him for teaching her a new drink. Top notch service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recall reading a review on here in which the poster described instructing the bartender in the method for making a Pimm's Cup properly, and thereafter always went to that bartender for her drinks.

They will make almost anything. Lots of drinks don't appear on their menus or they are known by other names. I love Malibu and pineapple. That is not a drink on any onboard menu but they happily make it. Of course pineapple juice and coconut rum are pretty simple, but still, it's not on any menu perse. Heck for that matter, most two ingredient drinks aren't. I've never seen rum and coke, gin and tonic, screwdriver etc on any drink menu. As a pp said, the menu is just suggestions, plus they have some drinks that someone might not come up with or know otherwise.

My husband likes to drink "Angry Pirates" (which I think is his own concoction ;)) And the bartenders have had no problem making it for him with readily available ingredients. :D