norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

So after all these posts your not gonna tell us what the compensation was?

He could tell us, but it wouldn't be a smart idea.

Remember what happened to the Morans after they came to Cruise Critic and posted about what compensation that they received from the cruise line when they had problems?? :rolleyes:

Remember what happened to the Morans after they came to Cruise Critic and posted about what compensation that they received from the cruise line when they had problems?? :rolleyes:

No what happened?

I had a major issue with my cruise last week. Wrote a letter yesterday morning and by this morning everything is resolved. Just goes to show you that when the issue is legitimate, there is no need to take to a public forum to try and shame the cruise line into giving you something. :D

I dunno... call me a cynic but I just don't find this "compensation" story believable. It seems like a graceful way out of an utterly ridiculous thread. Over 130 posts on how wrong it was, and less than 130 characters on how right it now is... c'mon man.

Dah... who knows? Who cares?

No what happened?

As the story made nation-wide news, you could simply Google it, but here is a summary:

The Morans experienced an issue while on a cruise. Not being able to change their cabin as the ship was full, the HD offered them 20% off of a future cruise as compensation. They accepted.

When they returned home, they posted a review (not a complaint) here on Cruise Critic where they mentioned the issue and the compensation offered…which they considered fair and reasonable.

After seeing the review, one of the cruise line’s customer service managers called the Morans to offer a personal apology for their situation and to offer them a $500 refund in addition to the 20% discount they already had. Again, they accepted.

The Morans then came back to Cruise Critic and posted about the additional compensation they received.

After seeing this posting, another more senior executive contacted the Morans and requested that they remove the discussion of their compensation from Cruise Critic. They refused.

The next communication they received from the cruise line was to inform them that they were banned…for life.

Right or wrong, nobody wants their dirty laundry aired in public. Letting people know what type of complaint results in what level of compensation does nothing but open the floodgates of abuse. The Morans could have simply stated that there was an issue, and it was taken care of in a satisfactory manner. That would have been the smart thing to do.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

As the story made nation-wide news, you could simply Google it, but here is a summary:

The Morans experienced an issue while on a cruise. Not being able to change their cabin as the ship was full, the HD offered them 20% off of a future cruise as compensation. They accepted.

When they returned home, they posted a review (not a complaint) here on Cruise Critic where they mentioned the issue and the compensation offered…which they considered fair and reasonable.

After seeing the review, one of the cruise line’s customer service managers called the Morans to offer a personal apology for their situation and to offer them a $500 refund in addition to the 20% discount they already had. Again, they accepted.

The Morans then came back to Cruise Critic and posted about the additional compensation they received.

After seeing this posting, another more senior executive contacted the Morans and requested that they remove the discussion of their compensation from Cruise Critic. They refused.

The next communication they received from the cruise line was to inform them that they were banned…for life.

Right or wrong, nobody wants their dirty laundry aired in public. Letting people know what type of complaint results in what level of compensation does nothing but open the floodgates of abuse. The Morans could have simply stated that there was an issue, and it was taken care of in a satisfactory manner. That would have been the smart thing to do.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

There is far more to their story. They were asked to never cruise again with at least two cruise lines due to repeated complaints seeking compensation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

There is far more to their story. They were asked to never cruise again with at least two cruise lines due to repeated complaints seeking compensation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

They were banned from Royal Caribbean as well. I do not know the other cruise line. They were not banned for discussing their settlement. They were banned for making a "career" out of filing complaints and receiving compensation from cruise lines.

Edited by SissasMomE

Methinks there is a lot of fish hooks that are being bitten on in this thread.

Impressive fishing. ;)

Hmmmm...you may be right.

The further this thing goes, the more I'm beginning to think there are more than a few facts that aren't being divulged. I still can't understand what the desired outcome of this is supposed to be given that the ship's Customer Service apologized for not being able to move the OP's family due to the ship being totally booked.

That was the end of it, right? Why is this ongoing?

The further this thing goes, the more I'm beginning to think there are more than a few facts that aren't being divulged. I still can't understand what the desired outcome of this is supposed to be given that the ship's Customer Service apologized for not being able to move the OP's family due to the ship being totally booked.

That was the end of it, right? Why is this ongoing?

Just think of hit songs from the musicals "Cabaret and ABBA"

I had a major issue with my cruise last week. Wrote a letter yesterday morning and by this morning everything is resolved. Just goes to show you that when the issue is legitimate, there is no need to take to a public forum to try and shame the cruise line into giving you something. :D

I totally agree with you on this. We had a problem with the Dawn spa a few weeks ago. It wasn't solved to our satisfaction so hubby has written a letter. If the results are positive, everyone will know, if not, it didn't ruin our cruise, it didn't even damage our overall feeling about NCL or the Dawn. We do not intend on bashing anyone because of one problem. Stuff happens, we all need to go on and let go!!!!

I think you misunderstand Nana's point which is my main concern. It shouldn't take that long for them to contact me. I talked to two different cruise consultants, talked with one customer service person who told me I needed to post something on their customer service page, did that twice, contacted the executive resolutions desk, sent an email to their social media email address and it still took over a month to get a reply from someone with the authority to do something.

Now the good news I guess.

I finally received an email last night from NCL acknowledging the problem. They have made an offer. I am still amazed that a phone call was never made but I will take what I can get. As a business owner I guess I am just amazed at how they run that part of their business. Anyways, thank you to Norweigian for finally contacting me.

I bolded the fact that you have received "an offer" from NCL since it is kind of an offhand comment in another post.