Kids allowed at Elite breakfast and cocktail hour?

cruiser77

As long as we're getting picky: I think she covered the Solarium pool in #5 above and I don't think there is any other rules about kids in the Solarium since that is where Aqua Spa cafe is and also one has to pass through it to get to the forward elevators on that deck.

I also think that the kids of any passenger who has access to Blu can eat in Blu regardless of age. So kids staying in a suite or in an AQ cabin can eat there with the only restriction on the suite kids (get it! "suite kids" ha ha ha) being the same "space available" limitation that applies to adults.

Sorry but that is incorrect as far as the suites go, in my post I specifically stated suites. Children under 12 are not permitted in Blu if they are staying in suites although I have heard of exceptions being made. Children staying in AQ may eat in Blu at any time.

They also definitely have an age limit in the Solarium for kids who using the facilities, passing through or going to the Café is not a problem. Celebrity also has on their web site that they may also waive the age limit in inclement weather.

I love well behaved kids. Cruise lines welcome them. Assuming that kids under 21 will not be given alcoholic drinks, there is nothing that would be bad for kids in the lounges. I can understand keeping them out of adult comedy venues. What is said there may be off color. If anyone is rightfully elite, then they may partake in the elite events. At any event, if a child misbehaves, they ought to be given a "time out" of that venue. Maybe that should be true for loud obnoxious adults too. Fortunately, most people are well behaved whether they are young or old. I do not view the age of the elite cruiser as a problem.

I love well behaved kids. Cruise lines welcome them. Assuming that kids under 21 will not be given alcoholic drinks, there is nothing that would be bad for kids in the lounges. I can understand keeping them out of adult comedy venues. What is said there may be off color. If anyone is rightfully elite, then they may partake in the elite events. At any event, if a child misbehaves, they ought to be given a "time out" of that venue. Maybe that should be true for loud obnoxious adults too. Fortunately, most people are well behaved whether they are young or old. I do not view the age of the elite cruiser as a problem.

I keep saying the issue in this thread is about recognizing celebrity's policies and following them, it really has little to do with children. You may decide there are other policies you don't agree with....apparently some on every cruise think it's OK to smoke on their balconies (even though a carelessly thrown lit butt caused a fire on a princess ship). I'm of the opinion that I signed up for the cruise and therefore the rules....I have an expectation that others will follow the rules (eg no smoking on the balcony next to me). If a ship decides to make an exception, make it for everyone....not just for one person.

Your right..perhaps the rules should be changed...but for now, they are what they are. Follow them as a courtesy to others who, for whatever reason, expect that they'll be followed.

I keep saying the issue in this thread is about recognizing celebrity's policies and following them, it really has little to do with children. You may decide there are other policies you don't agree with....apparently some on every cruise think it's OK to smoke on their balconies (even though a carelessly thrown lit butt caused a fire on a princess ship). I'm of the opinion that I signed up for the cruise and therefore the rules....I have an expectation that others will follow the rules (eg no smoking on the balcony next to me). If a ship decides to make an exception, make it for everyone....not just for one person.

Your right..perhaps the rules should be changed...but for now, they are what they are. Follow them as a courtesy to others who, for whatever reason, expect that they'll be followed.

That is exactly the point.