RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

Any word on the party themes? Boytjie had indicated that Randle was planning on disclosing the ideas before Halloween--we're counting the days on this end and are very anxious to get on the ship!!! RSVP recently released the video from the MSC Divina cruise in Feb which is a great synopsis of the vast amount of activities on one of these cruises.

I just looked for the RSVP video of the Divina cruise but didn't find it. Do you have a link?

I wanted to find out if there were any Watch Collectors going on the RSVP Cruise? Was thinking about trying to organize a Get Together onboard the ship. I am a Watchmaker and would be willing to do some demonstrations, a question and answer, and if there was interest could even put together a hands-on course on movement disassembly that could be a lot of fun.

PM me if you were personally interested but would also like to see any thread replies about the idea. I've tried to contact RSVP a couple of times about getting it listed so people can sign up for it but they apparently did not deem my e-mails worthy of some sort of reply....

I am not a watch maker nor collector but seeing how a movement is taken apart would be fun. I see all those gears and such and wonder what each does and how does it all work.

I can also see their non-reply as they may think you are trying to sell something and they are setting up their official program.

I wanted to find out if there were any Watch Collectors going on the RSVP Cruise? Was thinking about trying to organize a Get Together onboard the ship. I am a Watchmaker and would be willing to do some demonstrations, a question and answer, and if there was interest could even put together a hands-on course on movement disassembly that could be a lot of fun.

PM me if you were personally interested but would also like to see any thread replies about the idea. I've tried to contact RSVP a couple of times about getting it listed so people can sign up for it but they apparently did not deem my e-mails worthy of some sort of reply....

Sorry to say but I don't think you will get too many takers for something like this on an RSVP cruise. There is already so much offered and this is a very specialized subject of interest.

<snort> Sell something more aggressively than the Port Agents that are on board encouraging you to visit certain stores at Port and to mention their names for a "special" discount? I think they might work with RSVP, and get kick backs from any purchases cruisers make. The cruise line will also have people on board hawking warez from the ship's shopping area. Though I do understand the suspicion....

No I don't have anything to sell other than getting together with some people that enjoy watches. I attended some of the meetings on past cruises given by the "Port Agent" and they had 30 or 40 people show up to talk about watches and the nitwit conducting the meeting didn't have much to share other than you can find xyz brand at these locations. I'd go to some of the suggested locations out of curiosity and the prices were horrible by the way.

I thought it would be fun just to do a tear down and show people the parts inside and how they work together. I could easily do a projection type demonstration for nothing but mutual enjoyment, but if there was interest I get people a cheap movement (at cost — like $15 or $20) and we can do tear downs together.

Like I said, I'm only offering to do this because I enjoy getting together with watch collectors and there aren't many watchmakers left where you'd have a similar opportunity. I'd work for a Rum Runner or two and some new friends.

Sorry to say but I don't think you will get too many takers for something like this on an RSVP cruise. There is already so much offered and this is a very specialized subject of interest.

I understand what you are saying. This big ship, all these men!

Watch collectors can be a pretty dedicated bunch though. On watch forums, scheduling up GTGs is a fairly common occurrence. As I mentioned in the last message, there have been events onboard during past cruises and 50 people would show up.

We will be staying at the Grand Palm Plaza for a few days before the cruise. Any other guys on here staying there pre-cruise? Maybe someome would like to share a cab with 2 guys and head to the port and split the cost.

Edward at Grand Palm Plaza said earlier this week that he may get some shuttles running if there is enough interest. But, my memory from previous cruises (mostly bear cruises) is that the process can be slow. Just looking for options. I am also looking into the early disembarkation that Princess offers. (Our return home flight is at 12:05 FLL)

I understand what you are saying. This big ship, all these men!

Watch collectors can be a pretty dedicated bunch though. On watch forums, scheduling up GTGs is a fairly common occurrence. As I mentioned in the last message, there have been events onboard during past cruises and 50 people would show up.

The port talks are about shopping and the cruise line pushing the shops that they have some kind of agreement with; a very different kind of thing than what you want to do, ;)

Edited by Boytjie

We will be staying at the Grand Palm Plaza for a few days before the cruise. Any other guys on here staying there pre-cruise? Maybe someome would like to share a cab with 2 guys and head to the port and split the cost.

Edward at Grand Palm Plaza said earlier this week that he may get some shuttles running if there is enough interest. But, my memory from previous cruises (mostly bear cruises) is that the process can be slow. Just looking for options. I am also looking into the early disembarkation that Princess offers. (Our return home flight is at 12:05 FLL)

Cabs are cheap in Ft. Lauderdale; I would just get a cab for myself and get going when I am ready.

If you can fit 4 people and all their luggage in a cab you aren't taking enough outfits! :D

I haven't sailed Princess since our first RSVP cruise in 2007 but I think they have the standard disembarkation options. If you can manage taking your own luggage off the the ship you can do self-disembarkation and be in the first group off the ship.

I 2007 we had so much fun that on the last night we did not pack our luggage in time to put it out and had to self-disembark :D We were off the ship at about 7:40 and at the airport by 8:05. These days immigration lines may be longer but getting there early would probably shorter lines.

Edited by Boytjie

Cabs are cheap in Ft. Lauderdale; I would just get a cab for myself and get going when I am ready.

If you can fit 4 people and all their luggage in a cab you aren't taking enough outfits! :D

I haven't sailed Princess since our first RSVP cruise in 2007 but I think they have the standard disembarkation options. If you can manage taking your own luggage off the the ship you can do self-disembarkation and be in the first group off the ship.

I might do that or EZ check for my disembarkation. Thanks for the tip. This will be my first cruise without being tied to a bigger group thing (think bear _voyage). I am SOOOO glad that this year is on Princess.

I have sailed on Princess alot - this is our second RSVP cruise and am so looking forward to letting Princess be our hosts. My partner has no other cruise line experience than the 2014 Feb. Divina cruise and I want his memories to be even better this year on Princess.

On today, National Overeating Day, I am thankful for having this cruise booked and that I still have 72 days to work off the ridiculous amount of food I'm gonna shove into my face. (Black friday? Nah. Sweat Friday!)

Can't wait to get onboard, throw myself into a lounge chair, order a drink, and let it all go!!

I have not been on in quite a while, I have had some very serious health problems and am concerned that I will not be able to go on the cruise, but for now, I am going on as if I am. I am on oxygen and don't have a lot of stamina.

I look forward to the meet and greet and the trip, I had to cancel all fall trips so this is really something I want to happen.

Boytie, contact me on the M&G I feel a darkroom in the back might liven things up, but lets chat and figure out something. I think I have your number as well.

I have not booked my hotel in FtL or airfare. Must do that!

I am in PH R612 on the boat

I have not been on in quite a while, I have had some very serious health problems and am concerned that I will not be able to go on the cruise, but for now, I am going on as if I am. I am on oxygen and don't have a lot of stamina.

Boytie, contact me on the M&G I feel a darkroom in the back might liven things up, but lets chat and figure out something. I think I have your number as well.

I am not touching that! :D

Edited by Boytjie

Bah! They don't let you see anyone's submissions on SurveyMonkey. Damn. What's everyone thinking for the parties? Each of my ideas were in extremely bad taste.

I think it gives you a chance to think about it with a blank slate and not being influenced by what others have already proposed. :)

I think Randle said they already received about 500 suggestions. They will pick 5 and then let us vote on those.

I think it gives you a chance to think about it with a blank slate and not being influenced by what others have already proposed. :)

I think Randle said they already received about 500 suggestions. They will pick 5 and then let us vote on those.

You totally killed the conversation, Boytjie. (*pouts*)