RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

Hey Guys,

So excited to join the group as this will be my first RSVP and first cruise with this particular cruise line. I am anxious to hear from the more experienced RSVP folks as to what I should be on the look out for.

Theme parties have been released... costumes can be simple or complex. People are REALLY creative, and one always wonders how it was brought on a plane or on the ship. Bring your camera.

Typically RSVP is a low key, older-ish group, that is out to have fun for the week. Mixed crowed, friendly. Be on the look out for D deck after hours, the nude sunbathing deck during the day and amazon kids from Minnesota in skimpy bathing wear, with High Heals. Just sayin 8-). Welcome aboard. We've been expecting you! *snort*.

OH, and ask questions.

Have you voted yet for the cruisers' choice party theme? Do so before you start the countdown to 2015 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RSVPYouCreateFinalVote (The polls will close at 11:59pm Wednesday, December 31, 2014)

The five themes to vote on are:

• Pop! Bubble Wrap Party
  • Under the Big Top: Side Show
  • Wig Out!
  • Sweet Dreams Pajama Party
  • Barely Regal

Which one gets your top vote? I go with PJs.

We got ourselves all registered yesterday. The Princess site is easy to use. (Our last cruise was on RCCL, which has a really poor site.) Now we can explore excursions and any other thing we might want to book in advance. I hear the other side of Cozumel from the port is the place to go for some beautiful scenery.

We got ourselves all registered yesterday. The Princess site is easy to use. (Our last cruise was on RCCL, which has a really poor site.) Now we can explore excursions and any other thing we might want to book in advance. I hear the other side of Cozumel from the port is the place to go for some beautiful scenery.

Hey Darrelll6t,

The Princess page is pretty easy to use. Also, on the excursions page you can make a 'wish list' before purchasing anything. This helps to narrow down your options.

As far as the other side of Cozumel from the port - I don't know where or what that is - but I do know that we and alot of our friends are doing the Coba Maya Ruins. There are 2 Mayan ruins tours and the Coba ruins tour allows you to actually climb the ruins and the other tour does not allow that.

I have seen enough ruins, from several lost civilizations. They just don't interest me anymore. The port of Cozumel is on the west coast of the island across the strait from mainland Mexico. The "other side" is the open ocean. I friend says it is the beautiful part of the island.

Hi folks, this will be my first cruise with Princess and first with RSVP!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Looking forward to the adventure and hoping to learn some tips about Princess Cruises along the way and how RSVP fits into the mix.

Of course I am anxious and excited to meet some new like minded folks as well. Hope to hear from some of you in the months to come. :D

This will be my first Princess Cruise and first with RSVP as well. I've sailed on two Atlantis Cruises (February 2013 and March 2014). I hope RSVP will be equally as fun!

This will be my first Princess Cruise and first with RSVP as well. I've sailed on two Atlantis Cruises (February 2013 and March 2014). I hope RSVP will be equally as fun!

From all the people who have taken the RSVP cruises before I understand that we are going to have a blast! This thread is not very active in comparison to others but I believe the fun and activity will start the moment we step onboard the ship. I am super excited about it, though I have not figured out what ports I want to visit other than Mexico. Where I would like to see the ruins. Anyone else interested in seeing them or have some thoughts on them? :)

I have to admit that I got a little nervous for you guys when it was announced as they were so late in announcing this cruise and on a larger ship but glad they now only have four categories showing up with limited availability.

I also saw a post on another site where Randall indicated they were moving away from doing cruise recap videos. I sure hope that isn't the case as I've enjoyed them in the past as a way to remember my last cruise six months down the road.

Wishing you guys caviar dreams and a early bon voyage! 😁

Yes, you can take one bottle of wine or champagne per person onboard in your carry-on for consumption in your cabin. If you take it to a restaurant they will charge a $15 corkage fee.

You can take additional bottles on in carry-on and pay the corkage fee on them.

Hi guys, Laura & Dianne here from Ft. Worth. This is our 5th RSVP cruise, love hanging out and partying with you'll. Can't wait until time to be in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hello, ladies! Welcome; I love having y'all with us. :)

It is time, I shall be there. I am on cabin share as sig-o is staying home in the cold. (He has done other cruises without me. There is really no more story here.)

It is 25 sleeps cuz that is how I could big events and I have the plane tix a few days ahead. I am not expecting too much from Fort Lauderdale but have a day free.

We did an RSVP five years back for the 25th anniv cruise so have seen 5 years of advertising to book again. I will be honest, the first RSVP was our first cruise and first all gay cruise and left us, "Is this all you get for the coin?" We enjoyed it, but you do have to drop plane fare for a one week event and then have to go that week. We liked the cruise part but then went to general cruises and have done others since. So I am back but still look at the price and know I am paying all that air fare for just a one week of trip.

Still, I get to throw some glitter around. I will join the meet n greet. Hmmm ... you want a cabin. I will try to get that to ya later.

"So I am back but still look at the price and know I am paying all that air fare for just a one week of trip."

You could be doing the Atlantis cruise the week before and turned it into 2 weeks of all-gay partying. I have friends who are doing that.

Edited by Darrell6t

So far I have just gotten a few responses for the meet-and-greet and I encourage you to RSVP so I can know ahead of time what to arrange with RSVP (who makes the arrangements with Princess).

When and where will it take place?

It is usually around Noon on the first sea day so that it does not clash with the many other activities on the ship. Since we will be at Princess Cay the first day of the cruise, the meet and greet would most likely happen on Tuesday. Place and time to be confirmed

What do I need from you?

An email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

The information is only used to be able to contact you with updates and is not shared with anyone; sometimes the cruise lines ask for a list of attendees in case they wanted to follow-up the meet-and-greet with something else but that rarely happens.

Four weeks ill we sail away!

Edited by Boytjie

It is time, I shall be there. I am on cabin share as sig-o is staying home in the cold. (He has done other cruises without me. There is really no more story here.)

It is 25 sleeps cuz that is how I could big events and I have the plane tix a few days ahead. I am not expecting too much from Fort Lauderdale but have a day free.

We did an RSVP five years back for the 25th anniv cruise so have seen 5 years of advertising to book again. I will be honest, the first RSVP was our first cruise and first all gay cruise and left us, "Is this all you get for the coin?" We enjoyed it, but you do have to drop plane fare for a one week event and then have to go that week. We liked the cruise part but then went to general cruises and have done others since. So I am back but still look at the price and know I am paying all that air fare for just a one week of trip.

Still, I get to throw some glitter around. I will join the meet n greet. Hmmm ... you want a cabin. I will try to get that to ya later.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Your lack of value for the cruise experience? I do not undersrand your post..

Yes, you can take one bottle of wine or champagne per person onboard in your carry-on for consumption in your cabin. If you take it to a restaurant they will charge a $15 corkage fee.

You can take additional bottles on in carry-on and pay the corkage fee on them.

Many thanks for the info , that suits me just fine !

I was reading the Princess and RSVP documents about beverage packages and hope someone can provide some clarification for me. It looks like RSVP has arranged for an Unlimited Soda and more package. It is not clear to me if that includes water. Is it best to purchase that once on board or can it be purchased ahead of time???

Also, I don't see anything about alcoholic beverages, so does that mean that we are charged on a per purchase basis? Just want to budget accordingly if that is the case. :confused: