Indian Curry in the Buffet

In keeping with British traditions to finish up with a "curry" after a night out on the town (ship) can you get an Indian Curry in the buffet? :)

During lunch and dinner hours, yes, there will be an Indian station open in the buffet, and the curries are very good with so much of the kitchen staff coming from that part of the world. However, if you're looking for a curry late after your evening out you will likely be out of luck. Late evening I have only ever seen the pizza, pasta and salad stations open in the buffet.

In keeping with British traditions to finish up with a "curry" after a night out on the town (ship) can you get an Indian Curry in the buffet? :)

Or as my English cousin would say after a session, "Do you fancy an Indian?". To which I reply, "Indeed I do! But would she fancy me?".

Only pizza at late evening.............that's disappointing! Catering for US tastes I would say. You'd think while sailing out of Southampton they'd lay on a late night "ruby"!! ;) :)

Even if you could get one, ship curries tend to be very very mild compared to what you get at home.

I'd have thought a kebab would be more appropriate :)

If you are lucky like we were the chef at the station invited us back one evening to the buffet and prepared a special meal for us.:D

Got the impression that he was bored serving up the same food day in day out.

The meal was one one of the best Indian meals we have ever had and we eat Indian regularly.

If you are lucky like we were the chef at the station invited us back one evening to the buffet and prepared a special meal for us.:D

The meal was one one of the best Indian meals we have ever had and we eat Indian regularly.

Very nice. We had a similar situation where the chefs were Filipino's and gave us a special of what the crew ate. Never had that type of food before so cant compare, but, it was better than the official buffet and was delightful. One occasion where the crew had better food than the passengers. The chef swore us to secrecy as it was a big NO from the powers that be. He did say that they were limited to the perceived western pallete, i.e. - not adventurous and bland. Such a shame as we miss out on so much.

On Azamara the two specialty restaurants share a gallery and, on our first cruise with them, there were both Indian and Malaysian chefs in the galley. It was a 24-night cruise and the menu was limited for so many days even alternating between the two restaurants and we were offered many off menu items. One night the chefs from the two different cultures both prepared curry dishes for us.

The only problem? They wanted to know what was best - Indian or Malaysian. Well, remembering that chefs have access to sharp knives and cleavers, what would you have said?

On Azamara the two specialty restaurants share a gallery and, on our first cruise with them, there were both Indian and Malaysian chefs in the galley. It was a 24-night cruise and the menu was limited for so many days even alternating between the two restaurants and we were offered many off menu items. One night the chefs from the two different cultures both prepared curry dishes for us.

The only problem? They wanted to know what was best - Indian or Malaysian. Well, remembering that chefs have access to sharp knives and cleavers, what would you have said?

An Indo-Malay Fusion :D

Never saw the Indian station open after dinner hours on Summit. But around 5pm when they had the finger sandwiches it was open. And they had fantastic butter chicken. I could have just had that every night.

If the curries or Asian cuisine is not spiced to your palette it is possible to request sambal or a side of peppers from the waitstaff. They have provided these items from the kitchen for us. They're basic condiments for the crew.

My Wife and I had a very nice curry fairly late on the Equinox last year. It was the last night of the cruise and we were a bit tired of semi- formal eating in the MDR so just stayed in the bar and went up to the buffet. Very good it was too!! Have fun