Bed configuration - by closet or balcony?

You are correct. The first person I spoke to was totally incorrect!! Having the bed by the closet really makes that room feel even smaller! I had to do the same research for the NCL Epic, although their deck plan shows the bed locations much more easily.

I would disagree with this. We had side by side balconies on Allure so one had the bed by the balcony the other by the closet. The one by the closet definitely felt larger to us as the balcony felt more an extension of the cabin. If you have the bed put together I would say by the closet is better, however if they are separated it makes the space by the closet much too tight. Therefore with beds split go for the beds by the balcony. Of course that is our opinion, yours or others may differ.

Unless you're on a transatlantic where the ship is pointed the same direction for days at a time, the side of the ship is a crapshoot. You never know which side will face the dock. I just pick whichever side has the stateroom I want more.

Yes, I agree. This time they had desirable staterooms on both sides and I was worried the west facing balcony would be too hot in the afternoon to enjoy it.

I would disagree with this. We had side by side balconies on Allure so one had the bed by the balcony the other by the closet. The one by the closet definitely felt larger to us as the balcony felt more an extension of the cabin. If you have the bed put together I would say by the closet is better, however if they are separated it makes the space by the closet much too tight. Therefore with beds split go for the beds by the balcony. Of course that is our opinion, yours or others may differ.

You make a very good point. I've always traveled in a D Category on RCCL (Superior Ocean View with Balcony) so got used to the room by the sofa in the front of the cabin by the bathroom and closet when you're getting ready for dinner. Those cabins appear to be bigger than those on the Allure/Oasis. It seems awfully tight if the bed is right there. When I'm on, I'll peek at other rooms so I'll know for next time.

Edited by RO7068
typo

Does anyone have access to the google document that was posted a couple of years ago? The posted link points to an empty page and one cannot see the hard work that was done before.

Does anyone have access to the google document that was posted a couple of years ago? The posted link points to an empty page and one cannot see the hard work that was done before.

Unfortunately, I found the same thing.

Yes, if the connecting pair are D category, then the one on the right (facing the stateroom doors from passenger corridor) will have the bed by the balcony. This sequence repeats with adjacent staterooms until something interrupts the series of D category staterooms. I don't know if the same rule applies to CP or BW balcony staterooms.

It does.

Thank you so much! I have to say that although of course the main event is the ship, these cabins seem much smaller than on the Liberty of the Seas, etc. But I'm still excited to experience the Oasis.

The first time we sailed Oasis and walked into the cabin the first words out of my mouth were... What the hell is this, the closet?;):p We got used to it.

Edited by Ocean Boy