Top three things?

Joysman85

Going on the Allure - Eastern in August to St.. Maarten, St.. Thomas, and Nassau. My question is subjective and may require a little background!

We are in our forties and have or sixteen year old son with us. We are in good shape but not super athletic. We are open to a lot of activities, but I'm not into zip lines or scuba.

So heres the question... What are the top three things to see or do in the ports of call? Something that you've done that's memorable!

Not really planning on doing much in Nassau, never been to St.. Maarten, St.. Thomas.

Shop for Jewelry at Ballerina store in St Thomas. :) You don't have to be athletic and it would be memorable since it's something you will always have to remember your trip.

St Maarten..... grab an excursion with Bernard's Tours..... see the island and grab lunch at Maho Beach and watch the planes land..... a unique experience....

I agree with this one - never been on Bernards tour , heard his tours are great, but have been on island trips, beautiful, last time we went we did go to Maho Beach - very different to watch these planes come in so low over the beach - After our trip to Maho Beach we went back into town to do some shopping - great island for shopping but I think I next time we go we will go the Orient Beach, we try to do something different each time we go.

What you need is a guidebook! Libraries have them, or you can buy on at a bookstore! The more you know about where you're going, and what there is to do there, the better off you'll be! Spend some time on research...it will pay off BIG TIME!

Be sure to reserve your ship shows on line - you won't get in if you wait to make reservations when you get on the ship - not many shows have walk in seating available.

Parasailing was awesome in St Marteen - Orient beach.

St Johns beach break was beautiful (St Thomas).

Also, if you are more into sitting by the pool and relaxing, check out the resorts in the area that have an all inclusive day rate - good way to check out a land vacation spot by visiting a resort for a day. Often these day resorts have activities like snorkling/parasailing/banana boat rides/scuba/non motorized ocean toys/pool games/wave runners. Google resort for a day to get info on those.

Going on the Allure - Eastern in August to St.. Maarten, St.. Thomas, and Nassau.

We are in our forties and have or sixteen year old son with us. We are in good shape but not super athletic. We are open to a lot of activities, but I'm not into zip lines or scuba.

Encourage your sixteen year old son take advantage of some active things he can do ON the ship like the zip line, rock climbing, etc. There are a bunch of things he'd enjoy on Allure.

LuLu

Nassau - Ardastra Zoo

St. Maarten - Definitely Bernards Tours. Google it and you can choose your options. Very reasonable priced and you see both the French and Dutch side

St.Thomas - had a great time on the Seablaster Snorkel tour booked through the ship. Two stops and saw lots of fish and sea turtles, great guides too.

I'll "4th" the Bernards Tour on St. Maarten - those guys are awesome! And if there's a lot of ships in St. Thomas on that particular day, maybe take a ferry or cheap ship transpo over to St. John. We did that last time and had a fantastic day.