Countdown Begins!!!

Wedges are just fine!! Have fun soooo jealous :)

Some one will shoot me but, (on you) no one will likely notice that the white skinny pants are jeans....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Just because slacks are made from denim, it doesn't automatically qualify them as jeans. Take it from one who knows....I have about 30 prs of "jeans" and several pairs of denim slacks. They are not the same. Most women know the difference.

As stated above, it is best to read and abide by the dress code. While you could probably get away with what you described, it would be very embarrassing if you were turned away from a lounge or dining venue after 6:00 p.m. I've seen it happen:-)

I'm pretty sure my denim white skinny ankle pants would count as "slacks".

I think of Jeans as something men would wear - faded denim, etc etc.

I have tailored denim pants that I wear to work because they don't look like "jeans", they are denim yes, but they look like dressy work slacks.

Anyways, I digress. probably wearing dresses anyways.

and yes I know I can repeat outfits, but I really hate doing that - its an OCD picture thing w/ me :-D

Sarah, I am with you on the OCD thing. Will have 7 dresses, one for every night. If the cruise were longer than a week, I would repeat. The skinny white pants with heels or wedges would be perfect for Sette mare. But I would not wear denim in the evening, no matter how fancy.

From my experience, the dress code is very selectively enforced and one of our pet peeves. We like getting dressed for dinner, not everyone feels the same way. Lately we have noticed passengers not abiding by the dress code and when we have complained, we are told "we do not want to upset the passengers".

We were in Prime 7 and there was a table of 6 of which two of the gentlemen were wearing T-shirts that they had picked up in port that day and two of the women where wearing shorts, tank tops and flip flops. When I questioned this, I was told "there is nothing we can do". This is not true, but I believe, depending who the passenger(s) is/are, they may look the other way so as not to alienate "good" passengers.

The evening dress code is not that difficult to abide by - ties and jackets are not required and women do not need to wear cocktail dresses. Nothing ruins a nice meal faster than having your fellow passengers dressed like they are attending a BBQ on the beach.

Men may not know this, but any women who shops at Neiman Marcus knows that denim and jeans are not the same.

gnomie :)

All we can do is remind people on Cruise Critic (only 5% of Regent cruisers) about the dress code (without giving ways to bypass the system). Although we are not happy when shorts, t-shirts, etc. are allowed, we have never complained onboard. Instead, we make comments on the comment card in the hopes that this will be rectified in the future. If this gets completely out of hand I would write to Mr. Kamlani and let him know of our concerns.

P.S. I know that comment cards are technically onboard. I mean that we do not go to the Dining Room Manager, Bartender, etc. and complain.

Grandpa gave me the nice "leather" folder with all our information. Mailed to us by the TA. I haven't had a chance to look at it though I should. The TA gave us a list of excursions which was an "old" list that I had updated on May 12 - that was annoying, but quickly remedied with an email confirming that we are in fact registered for the "new" things we chose. I suppose time will tell with what paper list we receive in our cabin.

My schedule is super crazed between errands, homework, updating my packing spreadsheet and trying to think about what I need for the 2 trips preceding cruise.

Getting excited though.:D

I started "packing" a few weeks ago - there's 3 piles in the guestroom. hehe.

and the spreadsheet is coming in handy b/c its really helpful for figuring out my outfits for my college reunion and beach trip. and that way I can partially pack before I leave for beach and when I come home from beach, i'll just need to fill in some stuff for cruise.

Sarah-I have 15-20 pairs of white pants (to actually count would make it even worse) and I wear white jeans everywhere. As another poster said there is a difference. I usually take four pairs of white pants( jeans, silks, linen and plain old cotton) for a ten day trip--dry cleaning is cheap and quick if need be- and fun colorful tops. Wedges are great- haven't worn heels in 32 years and take sandals that can be worn with lots of the outfits. Take fun jewelry and remember you can lock your good stuff in the safe!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Debi