Inside the Golden Princess

My partner and I are going on this wonderful ship from BA to Los Angeles next Feb, and was thrilled to see the many beautiful photos you took of her. Added bonus we scored a window suite for both legs for the same price as a mini suite and have just watched the prices go up and up. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post these photos. Can't wait to book her for my Xmas and new year cruise that is departing I believe on the 21st Dec 2015.

Thanks, I thought people would appreciate them since the ship is coming here.

I actually like the Skywalkers where it is on Golden Princess as if you are in the tropics with hot sun it at least gives you a bit of relief. Though I think the reason it was moved on newer ships was a weight distribution problem causing problems with the propulsion?? (don't quote me on it - running off what I have read elsewhere).

Some of the photos I took when people were packing towards the end of the cruise. Some of the other ones were when I had a tour that left early and needed to be up at the crack of dawn. So as the ship was entering port I took a few photos on various days and built them up over time.

The Piazza had to be taken at 3am as at 4am it is crowded with people having their morning coffee. From then on the Piazza is crowded to well after midnight.

Glad people liked the photos. I found the ship very comfortable. I am sure it will make for a good ship in Australia when it is here. Out of all the Princess ships it is one of the better ones. I would much prefer ships like the Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond and Sapphire over the Crown, Emerald and Ruby any day.

By September I should have some photos of Diamond Princess as I am doing 9 nights around Japan on it. Diamond is very similar to Golden Princess.

On the Diamond and Sapphire Princess the Vista Lounge was replaced by Club Fusion. In that nightclub style lounge at the back there is a hidden bar below the dance floor that is very quiet and not too many people know about.

I agree with Big M, we were on Golden Princess 1 March to 1 April around South America, the same one KarateMan says he was on. No way the Piazza was crowded at 0400 it was empty I can assure you. Nor did I see the decks as empty as those shown. Strange indeed.

Edited by NSWP

Great shots Katateman.....it must have been a huge effort to get people to stay out of your shots!!!

It was good meeting you on the BA to LA cruise and having lunch together at the Captains lunch was great as well.....hopefully our cruise paths will cross again one day.

Edited by Fletch1

I agree with Big M, we were on Golden Princess 1 March to 1 April around South America, the same one KarateMan says he was on. No way the Piazza was crowded at 0400 it was empty I can assure you. Nor did I see the decks as empty as those shown. Strange indeed.

It would have been nice to meet, I did ask about you when I met others who had been to the meet and greet but no one could help.

The deck photos I took in the Falklands prior to sail away. Probably about the time you were getting ready for or at dinner. I believe you have said you like early sitting.

Can I assume that was you up in the Piazza at 4am? :) - it would have had to have been you if you knew where passengers were at that hour. I kid you not I got up at arrived there at 4am only to see men sitting in the seats presumably to be first to claim them until their wives arrived at a more godly hour.

I like my interior photos when no one is in them as I use a tripod with slower shutter speed and could only find the ship was not crowded at 3am.

I hope you do sail on Golden Princess.

I prefer to try many ships but it is just pure coincidence that I am booked on it next year to Alaska. My main reason is Alaska is my next non visited location to visit and Golden Princess relocating here means I do not have to take two long flights across the Pacific.

Beautiful photos to wet my appetite for more cruises, husband being boring saying we have to pay of mortgage first:( trying to talk him around thank you again for the photos really appreciate the time it took for you to take them:)

So many ships on my to do list