Bring Back the Soap Campaign

Roses2

How much shampoo are you bringing? How much does it weigh???

I have two boys, 18 and 21 years. Their hair is down to mid - lower back and tends to be quite oily, as boys that age tend to be. They always shampoo twice to get it clean, and it takes quite a bit for each one. Those tiny travel size bottles aren't going to cut it, so I will take full-sized bottles. Unfortunately, they are in separate cabins, so they will BOTH need full-sized shampoo and conditioner bottles. It's more than I wanted to pack, but it sounds like it's necessary.

The shampoo probably doesn't lather up because it's a shampoo/conditioner combo which usually is lower in phosphates which cause the lather. The boy's hair will probably look pretty sweet.

You are probably right on that level, but it just didn't feel clean after using. :(

First time we saw the dispensers was on the Royal in October, and the Sapphire had them in January. In October, we didn't get the "clam shell" of elite amenities that we used to get. The Captains Circle hostess said they were changing that to something different for Elites (different than Suites). We did get a bottle of lotion and and one of the each of the dispenser items when we asked.

On the Sapphire, same thing.

This past weekend on the Star, the dispensers were there, but we did get a clam shell. I like the spray mist thing and lip balm, husband likes the loofah.

Oh, it also had a bottle of bath gel. (In a mini-suite)

I forgot about the welcome cookies....we've come a long way from soap on this thread!

I didn't like the eucalyptus. and I always wondered if on the down under cruises, the koalas stalked all the passengers.

I always bring my own soap and conditioner but used princess' shampoo. this last cruise I didn't mind the shampoo/conditioner combo but I followed up with my own conditioner. I found it took a lot of pumps to get enough to wash with.

We just returned from a 15 day TA on the Emerald Princess. It was a great cruise --- But we had to bring real soap and shampoo from home since Princess stopped providing real bars of soap and shampoo without conditioner.

We are sending an email to Princess Customer relations requesting Princess return to providing real bars of soap and plain shampoo.

I wonder how many would join us in sending an email to Princess requesting it revert to its earlier policy .

The Princess email is: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

We were on the same cruise and had soap provided to us twice, without our asking. But I agree that the shampoo/conditioner combo is horrible. Not only did it leave my hair feeling like straw, but it meant I couldn't satisfy the conditioner requirement for the scavenger hunt! ;)