Score

Rina155

Woohoo. We had a stern cabin CC1 on the Millie for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. Noticed last night the $1000 discount for seniors in AQ class! Then to top it off noticed 1140 was available. Called TA this morning and we were able. To upgrade at no additional cost.

Since the cabin is about $400 less than we paid way back when asked if we could get difference in some OBC, but not able to since less than 75 days out. At least we were able to keep all perks given by celebrity and our TA! So excited always wanted to try Blu and now I can! Never thought I would be happy turning 56! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats,

Love the Millie and love those aft deck 11 cabins even more.

If you've not been there before I just wanted to point out that the only interior elevator corridor to those glorious cabins is the aft elevator. It is the elevator that is closest to the Lido and restaurants. It's kind of quirky on deck 4 if they keep the fire door closed on the starboard side. You can use that corridor, no problem. To access the mid ships or forward elevators you do have to go outside.

Enjoy.

Congrats,

If you've not been there before I just wanted to point out that the only interior elevator corridor to those glorious cabins is the aft elevator. It is the elevator that is closest to the Lido and restaurants. It's kind of quirky on deck 4 if they keep the fire door closed on the starboard side. You can use that corridor, no problem. To access the mid ships or forward elevators you do have to go outside.

Enjoy.

Thank you that is helpful information as no have not had the opportunity of these cabins before. They have aft stairs right? As I always try and take the stairs instead of elevator.

Congrats,

Enjoy.

We were in 1138 on the Constellation last fall. You do not need to go outside, especially if it is very windy or rainy. We used to go down to deck 8 or 9 and then walk to the forward elevators.

Thank you for the info. When you were in 1138 are the cabins about the same size as the C1's? It also appears I am able to just show up any time between 6-9 for dinner at Blu, but I was unable to find out the hours breakfast is served in Blu. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that as a captain's club member (depending on level) you can book an A1 at the A2 rate. There are a lot of variables...sometimes they show a rate on their web site that isn't upgradeable, sometimes they have a special A1 deal so you don't want to upgrade, you want to just book an A1. Message is that you have to look at all the combinations when booking.

"they" applies to both celebrity or your TA by the way....you have to know the rules because some TA's (and some celebrity agents) don't.

Woohoo. We had a stern cabin CC1 on the Millie for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. Noticed last night the $1000 discount for seniors in AQ class! Then to top it off noticed 1140 was available. Called TA this morning and we were able. To upgrade at no additional cost.

Since the cabin is about $400 less than we paid way back when asked if we could get difference in some OBC, but not able to since less than 75 days out. At least we were able to keep all perks given by celebrity and our TA! So excited always wanted to try Blu and now I can! Never thought I would be happy turning 56! Lol

How did you find the seniors rate. When i put it in a mock booking the price does not change from regular to seniors. I live in Canada so maybe canadian seniors dont get a deal?LOL. Just curious how to find it?

Really surprised that you were able to keep all of your perks. We tried to upgrade to a SS from an AQ when the prices plummeted after final payment. We could upgrade, but would lose our OBC and Beverage package. :(

Blu's breakfast hours vary according to the ships schedule. Open later on sea days, and earlier on port days. I cannot remember the exact times.

Edited by Iamthesea

Thank you for the info. When you were in 1138 are the cabins about the same size as the C1's? It also appears I am able to just show up any time between 6-9 for dinner at Blu, but I was unable to find out the hours breakfast is served in Blu. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Breakfast times in Blu vary to accommodate arrival in ports. Usually from around 7:30 to 9:00 but can start earlier or extend later. We loved breakfast in Blu. The best is the day you disembark. So nice to have a relaxing breakfast instead of hunting for a table in the buffet.

How did you find the seniors rate. When i put it in a mock booking the price does not change from regular to seniors. I live in Canada so maybe canadian seniors dont get a deal?LOL. Just curious how to find it?

On Sunday I did a mock booking for my Alaskan cruise and it showed up on just the AQ cabins. I was signed in as a captains club member, however I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Good luck.

Really surprised that you were able to keep all of your perks. We tried to upgrade to a SS from an AQ when the prices plummeted after final payment. We could upgrade, but would lose our OBC and Beverage package. :(

Blu's breakfast hours vary according to the ships schedule. Open later on sea days, and earlier on port days. I cannot remember the exact times.

You made me a little nervous, so I e-mailed my TA and requested an e-mail showing the perks I have with my new cabin. WHEW.. Yes still shows my OBC and Prepaid Gratuities.

I am sorry you weren't able to keep yours if you upgraded.. :confused: that is a def bummer as would have been great to move to a suite! Have a great cruise.

Yes, very strange, but glad you were able to keep everything. :)

It seems that no one else has been able to upgrade at a lower price and keep their perks. :( Were your perks part of the PYP or 1-2-3 promo? Maybe yours were something else.

Edited by Iamthesea

Mine were not part of Pick Your Perk. I booked in between the two promotions for that. Mine were OBC and gratuities from TA and $100 OBC from open passages.

I had thought about canceling and re-booking as someone earlier suggested, but then I would lose my perks and the perks I had were more than $400 in cost difference. So kept the perks.