Our One day in Paris is "the" wedding

:mad:

Just found out that our one day in Paris (on our 12 day British Isles Cruise) is the day Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are getting married there (24 May)-BOO! I am envisioning traffic nightmares and roads blocked as our Princess Bus takes us on a whirlwind tour. I don't want to cancel cuz its our only chance to see Paris but I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. Supposedly only 150 people attending it but I still anticipate traffic issues. Hopefully it won't affect us at all. Thoughts anyone?

:mad:

Just found out that our one day in Paris (on our 12 day British Isles Cruise) is the day Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are getting married there (24 May)-BOO! I am envisioning traffic nightmares and roads blocked as our Princess Bus takes us on a whirlwind tour. I don't want to cancel cuz its our only chance to see Paris but I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. Supposedly only 150 people attending it but I still anticipate traffic issues. Hopefully it won't affect us at all. Thoughts anyone?

My thought that Paris is a big place, and one quasi-celeb marriage isn't going to even register in terms of traffic.

The French certainly don't give a darn about this most unimportant or interesting wedding. The only ones who care will be the American press.

You will have normal awful Paris traffic.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your tour.

Traffic is always busy in Paris.

Kim who?.....

Kim, qui...:)

I can't help smiling at the idea that Parisiens would take the slightest notice of a wedding between two people of whom most of them will never had heard.

Edited by Bob++

Before I fully opened the post I thought I had been missing some important event. No, I don't think it will cause any worse traffic than they normally have in Paris.

:D:D So did I! Nobody in Europe is in the least interested in those two. :p

I was hoping to read about your exciting wedding in Paris. :) Sorry, it's not yours. Definitely enjoy your day. Paris is beautiful and Parisians won't pay too much attention to the LA equivalent of the Trailer Park Boys. They aren't getting married at Notre Dame are they?? gosh, that would be obnoxious of them.

I have done some research - Oh all right, I googled them - and it seems that the wedding is off anyway because those nasty French insist that you live there for a bit before you get married. They probably thought that Paris would be glad of the free publicity:)

Edited by Bob++

Ha, ha just shows how bright they are. Hadn't even done any research that they could get married there before making an announcement. They should have put their question on Cruise Critic we could have advised them of the regulations!

I have done some research - Oh all right, I googled them - and it seems that the wedding is off anyway because those nasty French insist that you live there for a bit before you get married. They probably thought that Paris would be glad of the free publicity:)

No, they still are getting "married" in Paris. Acording to reports to avoid the restriction, they were premarried here in the states, and are doing a quasi/renewal "ceremony" in France so they can throw their over the top party. Wouldn't it be nice if they used some of their money and publicity for people and things that MATTER. :o

However I wouldn't be upset with visiting the city on that day. They are off to some faux castle in the country I think.

Edited by eandj

• 2 weeks later...

Looks as if you will be quite safe: They have moved the venue to Italy.

Florence politicians angered by wedding of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian

Local mayoral candidates up in arms over takeover of city's treasured monuments by hip hop artist and reality television star

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10838064/Florence-politicians-angered-by-wedding-of-Kanye-West-and-Kim-Kardashian.html

• 2 weeks later...